PDA

View Full Version : Transfering Files from Mac to Pearl 8100

aussieinhk
11-24-2006, 08:43 PM
Cannot seem to do this. iSync does not seem to allow, PocketMac does not seem to allow. Bluetooth transfer does not work. Anyone been successful?

aussieinhk
11-24-2006, 09:10 PM
Once I exhausted all avenues of syncing and wireless (Bluetooth) transferring, I quit PocketMac, re-plugged the USB cable into the Pearl. In typical Apple fashion, the phone appears as a hard disk icon on the desktop. Lo and behold, you can copy any files you want to the Pearl. You have to unplug the USB cable before they are visible though.

fallsilent
11-25-2006, 02:26 PM
You need to enable "mass storage" from the options -> advanced options-> media card menu. Go in there and turn on mass storage then it will show up as an icon on your OS X desktop. You can drag files on to you Pearl from there.

BBDC
11-27-2006, 01:02 AM
I dont use pocket mac but I was finally able to transfer files via bluetooth...its not as user firendly as one would like, but i guess it works. once the device and the computer are paired (i am using a pearl and 12 inch g-4) perform the following: Please note that i have mass storage mode turned on (menu>options>advanced settings>media card)

From Device to computer:
to send address book:
select menu key>set up bluetooth>select the "paired device" which should be your computer>select menu>select transfer address book.

To send a file (example a picture saved to either the device memory or to flash memory)
select the media item for which you want to transfer (menu>media>pictures/ringtones/etc)
select the menu button>send using bluetooth.

To send from the computer to the device:
Open the bluetooth preferences control panel. On my computer it is displayed in the menu bar. make sure that in the sharing tab file transfer is on and the computer is set up to send and recieve files.

From the menu bar, select the bluetooth icon. Select Send File. A new dialogue box should open asking you to select the file to send. Now for the annoying part. You cant simply just select the file and transfer like one would think. You need to go onto your device, select the location to which you want to send the file (i.e media>pictures), select menu, select "recieve using bluetooth". you should see a file transfer box on the bb screen. Once complete finish selecting the files on the mac. The blackberry should prompt you to again confirm the name and file path to where the item should be saved.

If you do not flag the blackberry to first recieve using bluetooth, your mac will give you a horribly annoying message saying something along the lines of the device does not have the correct services.