PDA

View Full Version : BB Newb: Help with E-mail Synch

Enigmahack
11-25-2006, 11:52 AM
Okay, I'm not *REALLY* new to BB's, but I'm trying to get my Outlook Express to synch with my BB 7280. I'm not running a BIS or BES, it's a personal blackberry and I'm not out to run the world with it either - I just like the idea that I can write an e-mail and synch it later to send through my PC (Rogers data plans STINK!!!) (I'm canadian btw EH)
Anyway, That's my delimma - I'm not even sure how to get it running or set up. I know it's MUCH more supportd by Microsoft Exchange, but I don't have a private exchange server running. I COULD get MS Outlook from the Office suite if that would work better however.

I'm just looking for suggestions :)

Thanks!

BTW: I know I didn't give a whole bunch as to why it's not working. What isn't working is that the BB is saying when I try to compose an e-mail:
"No message services configured. You will only be able to Save Draft"

Suggestions? HELP!! lol

bertiebassett
11-25-2006, 12:06 PM
I think your mis-understanding how BB is meant to work, remember you're "always on always connected". So the idea is that you send receive/send emails directly from the device. In order to do this you need a BB data plan, and then to set the device up for email - talk to your carrier for details of the website you need to set yourself up on, once you've paid the $$$ for the BB plan.

I' m pretty sure it'll only sync with Outlook, not express. Then in terms of syncing you'll be able to sync pim functions but not email - so you can't do what you are trying to do.

penguin3107
11-25-2006, 02:24 PM
I would suggest you return your Blackberry and purchase a different smartphone. The Blackberry will not suit your needs.