PDA

View Full Version : Charging Problem???

timshwak
11-28-2006, 03:14 PM
Ok, here is the deal...my wife comes to me and says that she thinks that she needs a new car charger because her 8700C will not charge in the car. I tinker with it a bit and she is correct, it will show the charging symbol for about 5-10 seconds and then goes out. I was using a Cingular OEM charger. I went and bought her a new one, (this time an IGO) and tested it on my BB (also 8700C) and it worked fine. It still does the same thing with hers. I pulled out my old 7100V and tried it and it does the same thing.

So 2 BB's do not charge with either car charger and one does. I have pulled the battery and SIM to reset it and everything. Could it be the OS needs re-loading? They both will charge on the house charger, just not in the car...

Any thoughts???

Tim

snowskier79
11-28-2006, 03:19 PM
Any visible damage to her USB port on the BB?

timshwak
11-28-2006, 03:30 PM
No there wasn't...that was one of the first things I looked for. Like I said, it will still charge with the wall charger...

fzfrank
04-08-2007, 07:37 PM
I'm having the same problem. The home charger works fine, the USB sync cable works fine but two car chargers don't work. The Blackberry shows the charging battery icon for 5-ish seconds then reverts to the standard battery icon.

JSanders
04-08-2007, 09:09 PM
That happened to me as well (also with my wife's BB in her car), and not ALL car chargers are made alike. The OEM BB charger does the same as yours (5-10 sec charge indicator, then disappears). I picked up a cheap $5 charger on sale at Walgreens one day and tried it, and it worked. I don't know the brand or why, but it is an old situation.