PDA

View Full Version : New Gmail App and BB Application Loader!

AugustMobile
11-28-2006, 09:05 PM
Is there any way to load the new Gmail App onto my Blackberry 8703e through the Application loader? I don't have BES or BIS, I'm using Sprint's Vision and OperaMini to access the internet, and as far as I know, OperaMini doesn't have download capabilities because I get a message saying that it's trying to "invoke the BlackBerry browser" everytime I click on the .jad file to download :( Since I don't have BES or BIS access, I don't have a functioning BB browser :( Any suggestions?

Please help me, this is all I need to fill my blackberry needs, I love this thing! Haha :)

-August

P.S. This is my first BB and I must say it's absolutly the best device I've had the pleasure of using. (I'm coming from a PPC6700 and a Treo 700p.)

jbairdjr
11-28-2006, 10:54 PM
How did you get Sprint to let you have a Blackberry without the Blackberry data plan?

John Clark
11-28-2006, 11:04 PM
How did you get Sprint to let you have a Blackberry without the Blackberry data plan?

That's what I was wondering? :-o

9thfloormaniac
11-29-2006, 12:14 PM

I don't see what the big deal is...I got mine from Sprint w/o BB plan. They can't make you pay for something that you don't need. Especially if you previously owned a Treo that constantly reset and was unstable. That's the primary reason I got the BB, because I read about the stability of the device. Sprint employees are aware of the Treo's quirks. I just needed a full qwerty device that allowed me to manage my contacts and schedule, but push email is something I can do without...especially at $39.99/month!!!

blakeatl
11-29-2006, 12:52 PM
I don't see what the big deal is...I got mine from Sprint w/o BB plan. They can't make you pay for something that you don't need. Especially if you previously owned a Treo that constantly reset and was unstable. That's the primary reason I got the BB, because I read about the stability of the device. Sprint employees are aware of the Treo's quirks. I just needed a full qwerty device that allowed me to manage my contacts and schedule, but push email is something I can do without...especially at $39.99/month!!!

Wow.....and I almost went out and bought a Treo. Glad I went with the Pearl.

snowskier79
11-29-2006, 12:54 PM
Is there any way to load the new Gmail App onto my Blackberry 8703e through the Application loader? I don't have BES or BIS, I'm using Sprint's Vision and OperaMini to access the internet, and as far as I know, OperaMini doesn't have download capabilities because I get a message saying that it's trying to "invoke the Blackberry browser" everytime I click on the .jad file to download :( Since I don't have BES or BES access, I don't have a functioning BB browser :( Any suggestions?

Please help me, this is all I need to fill my blackberry needs, I love this thing! Haha :)

-August

P.S. This is my first BB and I must say it's absolutly the best device I've had the pleasure of using. (I'm coming from a PPC6700 and a Treo 700p.)
Have you received your 1st bill since using the BB? It sounds like you are paying per usage for your "Internet" access. Just thought I would throw that idea out there.

9thfloormaniac
11-29-2006, 09:19 PM
Have you received your 1st bill since using the BB? It sounds like you are paying per usage for your "Internet" access. Just thought I would throw that idea out there.

Sprint's Vision IS internet access, therefor he is only paying approx $15-$20/month for access.

AugustMobile
11-29-2006, 11:50 PM
Sprint's Vision IS internet access, therefor he is only paying approx $15-$20/month for access.

This is correct, I am only paying $15/month (Vision) for unlimited internet access via OperaMini, I also use this connection with WebMessenger for AIM, MSN and Yahoo messenger.

I just can't get over how much more functional this is than my previous devices...no more freezes, or resets...it just works.

dc/dc
11-30-2006, 09:39 AM
Being a former user of Sprint BlackBerry, I know that if the account did not have BlackBerry service, the device would give a DCR error message (Data connection refused). If your device doesn't show that, and you have "1X" or "1XEV" in the upper right hand corner of the screen, then Sprint automatically added BlackBerry service to your line.

jwile20vt
11-30-2006, 10:11 AM
Being a former user of Sprint BlackBerry, I know that if the account did not have BlackBerry service, the device would give a DCR error message (Data connection refused). If your device doesn't show that, and you have "1X" or "1XEV" in the upper right hand corner of the screen, then Sprint automatically added BlackBerry service to your line.

yep this is what happend with me ... i fought and fought cause problems with my PPC device through sprint..i switched to the 9703e on there 30day trial and there is nooo way they will let u use a blackberry device on there network without that plan .... i thought i got away with it til i got my first bill... i fought with them about it then but was no use..i got one month free but they said if i wanted to continue to have a BB device on there network i HAD to have the plan cause its not the same network as PCS/vision . this was auto add'd when i orderd and activated my device .....never knew it til the bill showed up .. Oh well this thing kicks WM05's @<hidden> anyways