PDA

View Full Version : Read two mailboxes on one blackberry

renesmet
03-30-2005, 07:14 AM
Hi there,

I have a question from one of my users asking me if it is possible to retrieve email from two (Lotus Notes) mailboxes (his own mailbox + a support mailbox) on the BlackBerry (7230), preferrably in the "messages" area.

Of course it is possible to activate an agent on the support mailbox to forward all new mail to his private mailbox. If there are other options possible, please let me know.

Kind regards,
Rene

bfrye
03-30-2005, 08:41 AM
I don't believe so. At least with groupwise, we do a similar thing with mailbox proxying, and it is not yet supported with BES

Zro
03-30-2005, 10:54 PM
Multiple mailboxes are not supported in the BES. You can integrate multiple email accounts with the Web Client. But with BES, it's one mailbox per BlackBerry.

Forwarding rule/agent is the best solution for now....it is probably easier to change if that need ever arrises.

Zro

WNO
04-01-2005, 05:56 PM
Just out of curiosity, might it be possible to access the support mailbox through BWC while maintaining BES for the primary account? I ask because I'm currently accessing my primary corporate account through the redirector, and another through BWC, and am wondering if I'd be able to do the same if/when we put in a BES.

CyberJack
04-01-2005, 06:32 PM
BWC does not have the security that the Redirector has. The Redirector had 3DES to the handheld. I am not an expert but everything I have seen about BWC shows that your messages are sent in the clear. So if a "sniffed" email concerns you, it does me, then go Redirector.

Just make sure to change the Message Service Display name in the Redirector advance settings. I learned the hardway about failing to do that.

WNO
04-01-2005, 11:24 PM
CyberJack, I agree re security. But do I understand you to be saying that you can use the BES for one account and the redirector for the other? Sounds pretty cool to me!