PDA

View Full Version : BIS use Outlook???

jaebankz
11-29-2006, 05:39 AM
There anyway to use outlook with a BIS not BES back up your email use tmo.blackberry.net???

bigjay8510
11-29-2006, 10:43 AM
Wirelessly posted (blackberry 8700c: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

With cingular no I'm not to sure about tmobile. What I would recommend is getting a gmail account using that it is also push and you can use it in outlook. You can also check it anywhere on a computer also. I woulf forward your pop email to your tmo account.

I know with cingular I had trouble receiving mail and I just lost it all because my BlackBerry is the only thing that can get my cingular.BlackBerry email.

John Clark
11-29-2006, 11:20 AM
With Tmobile you can't read your email from the BIS site. With Cingular I believe you can. Go to BlackBerry® Solutions (http://www.cingular.com/blackberry), click the internet email link, login and I believe you can view your inbox, etc. I don't know that you can poll it with outlook but at least you can get to it and read/print it.

jaebankz
11-29-2006, 01:50 PM
In T-mobile uk you can read your email from the BIS site but in usa can't view, but most carrier you can t-mobile suck!!!

archer6
11-29-2006, 02:38 PM
With both my Cingular 7130c & 8700c models, I can get my emails just fine through Outlook. I use Yahoo, Gmail & several POP accounts for work and personal.

BIS works quite well for me. I have the ability to read, respond, delete or archive no problem. Plus it's really fast and reliable.

I'm really hooked on the BlackBerry platform. The best, most reliable and fastest of all I've tried.

Cheers......8-)

JSanders
11-29-2006, 08:25 PM
In T-mobile uk you can read your email from the BIS site but in usa can't view, but most carrier you can t-mobile suck!!!

Yea TMO sucks SO bad, that is why I am paying $19.95 per month for unlimited data plan on TMO, and on Verizon, the same unlimited plan is like $44.95.

TMO sucks all the way to the bank.

tsac
11-29-2006, 08:51 PM
Each must select the options that mean the most to them. 44 or 19 makes no difference

allenlikewo
11-29-2006, 10:54 PM
BIS 1.8 (formally known as webclient) allowed you to see emails in your account
BIS 2.0 does not
being able to see was great for troubleshooting. However, getting rid of that also cleared up the whole "inbox full" issue.

As far as backing up email... not going to happen using the bb desktop manager.
This is intentional, im sure of it. Right up there with Redirector not syncing PIM.
backup/restore doesnt even give the option

using redirector you can reconcile outlook via intellisync. However this would be a major pain in the ass because everytime you plugged in your device it would write a new set of Desktop services. wouldnt be much of a work around.

archer6's recomendation about gmail is a good one I think. just stop distributing your tmo.blackberry.net address and start giving out your gmail address. Turn on a gmail forwarding rule to point to your tmo.blackberry.net address, if you want to get email in outlook too, turn on POP as well and then just make sure you tell outlook to leave a copy of the message on server and everything will go to the same place. also you could put an auto reply in your tmo.blackberry address that asks people to update their contacts with your gmail address untill you stop getting messages sent to the tmo.blackberry address

other options...
fork up the cash and get hosted BES service

search the internet for 3rd party app to interface with your email via usb (ive never looked but i wouldnt doubt that one exists)

good luck man!