PDA

View Full Version : "Call Failed"

jstylz510
11-29-2006, 01:09 PM
I don't know if this is a BB issue or a provider issue, but I have a 7130c from Cingular and it happens several times a week when placing a call I receive a "Call Failed" dialog box along with a tone indicating that there was an error. When placing these calls I have full signal strength. Has anyone else experienced this?

snowskier79
11-29-2006, 01:11 PM
I occasionally experience this as well. In my personal opinion (no data or stats to back it up) I believe it might be due to the BB receiving data at the same moment you are trying to dial out.

Just my $.02.

P.S. I'm also on Cingy in Houston.

murpheous
11-29-2006, 01:13 PM
I believe this "error" is from the carrier itself. The network sometimes gets congested and you can't make a call. Snowskier's .02 makes sense as well.

snowskier79
11-29-2006, 01:15 PM
I believe this "error" is from the carrier itself. The network sometimes gets congested and you can't make a call. Snowskier's .02 makes sense as well.
I agree!

jstylz510
11-29-2006, 01:16 PM
Thats a pain, esp since the BB is always sending/receiving data. But I noticed it also happens during a phone call too.

snowskier79
11-29-2006, 01:18 PM
Thats a pain, esp since the BB is always sending/receiving data. But I noticed it also happens during a phone call too.
It is not possible to receive data on a call; I believe (not sure) that this is possible w/3G capabilities however.

jstylz510
11-29-2006, 01:25 PM
Off topic, but when your BB sends/receives data, does it interfere with your radio or tv signal?

snowskier79
11-29-2006, 01:29 PM
Off topic, but when your BB sends/receives data, does it interfere with your radio or tv signal?
Yes; at my office it interferes and emits a static sound on my desk phone while I am on a call. On my computer monitor at home it will flicker the screen if it is near it.

John Clark
11-29-2006, 01:38 PM

All GSM phones, that I've used, produce that interference.

jstylz510
11-29-2006, 02:00 PM
Maybe I should wear a lead smock and helmet when I use my phone...

snowskier79
11-29-2006, 02:01 PM
Maybe I should wear a lead smock and helmet when I use my phone...
If you do make sure you take a picture and post it!

MI_Jester
11-29-2006, 03:28 PM
I don't know if this is a BB issue or a provider issue, but I have a 7130c from Cingular and it happens several times a week when placing a call I receive a "Call Failed" dialog box along with a tone indicating that there was an error. When placing these calls I have full signal strength. Has anyone else experienced this?

I did see this a lot during the Orange/Blue convergance. A phone with an Orange simm (for example) would show full signal from a blue tower but not be able to actually make a call from it. The reverse was true as well.

Since I'm no longer working in a division that deals with cellular, I haven't seen the Cingular convergance roadmap.

Jester
(I don't work for any cell phone company, I work for a fortune 5 company who's legal dept keeps me from saying which one)

pauly
12-02-2006, 01:05 AM
I had this happen and it was a loose SIM card. It wasn't locked in place.

bjchantry
12-02-2006, 08:35 AM
This is a service provider issue as we have it quite commonly here in South Africa where we have outstripped our network capacity. If I get it I ask friends next to me to try and they have problems too regardless of whether they are using a Nokia, WM device, or what.

tsac
12-02-2006, 06:46 PM
Could be too many users on a cell tower and not enough paths. If that happens you get a call failed message. I see this in a very busy area and at commute times