PDA

View Full Version : Just got my 8100 NEED HELP ! :)

transam98
12-06-2006, 01:08 PM
Ive done a lot of reading and am still not able to figure some things out !!
If anyone can help with a PM it wold be MUCH MUCH Appreciated !! :)

I dont have AIM/Yahoo IM on my 8100 (its from tmobile) Do I need to download it from somewhere and somehow install it ?

I dont have a WEB Browser ICON on my 8100 (Any idea why ?)

Also will I need the internet connection plan from tmobile to use AIM/YIM ?

Lastly Where do I get the GMAIL Program that will work on the BB 8100 ?

If anyone can reply to me with answer's to these Id be so happy ! :)
thanks !
-J

John Clark
12-06-2006, 02:01 PM
Ive done a lot of reading and am still not able to figure some things out !!
If anyone can help with a PM it wold be MUCH MUCH Appreciated !! :)

I dont have AIM/Yahoo IM on my 8100 (its from tmobile) Do I need to download it from somewhere and somehow install it ?

I dont have a WEB Browser ICON on my 8100 (Any idea why ?)

Also will I need the internet connection plan from tmobile to use AIM/YIM ?

Lastly Where do I get the GMAIL Program that will work on the BB 8100 ?

If anyone can reply to me with answer's to these Id be so happy ! :)
thanks !
-J

Without a BB data plan you can't get any of this.

Get the Blackberry Data plan from TMobile for $19.99 and all these problems will be solved. The IM app will automatically download and so will the browser.

Then you can download the GMail program, if you want. You don't need it to have GMail sent to your phone. But look in the Aftermarket Software discussion for the GMail app.

secrecyguy
12-06-2006, 02:14 PM
The T-mobile's program (which uses OZ program) uses text messaging. So I recommend getting Ramble (free) or Yak-On (paid) for your IM.

There is a plan which not too many people know about that will include voice, data, and unlimited text messaging. It is available here...

BlackBerry Minutes & Mail Rate Plan: BlackBerry Minutes & Mail details (http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/detail.aspx?tp=tb1&id=56263805-e16b-471e-92d7-3ec0885e2004)
BlackBerry Minutes & Mail Ultra Rate Plan: BlackBerry Minutes & Mail Ultra details (http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/detail.aspx?tp=tb1&id=7d5681d8-1ced-4f88-acf1-a45eaf224493)