PDA

View Full Version : BlackBerry reads EDGE yet no service

Lex Luthor
12-10-2006, 12:44 AM
My BlackBerry Pearl reads EDGE but I cannot send/receive emails for the past few hours. Anyone have any idea as to what is causing this? I've tried pulling out the battery and going to options/advanced options/host routing table and selecting the register option but no registration message arrives either.

Soapm
12-10-2006, 12:51 AM
Does it work otherwise? Can you surf the net, send SMS etc...?

Lex Luthor
12-10-2006, 12:54 AM
I can make calls as well as send/receive sms. I can't surf the web though. I tried to resend the service books and that didn't help either. I also have full network coverage in my area so I know it's not poor reception that's causing this.

NJBlackBerry
12-10-2006, 12:55 AM
Call your carrier. Sounds like either a provisioning error or a network problem on their side.

Lex Luthor
12-10-2006, 01:02 AM
I've been on hold for an hour already. I though I'd see what the experts here would have to say. Some of the data reps I have spoken to at Rogers aren't up to par on their knowledge. One guy had the nerve to tell me service books aren't needed on a BlackBerry a couple months back.

John Clark
12-10-2006, 01:07 AM
Experts?? Yeah right! I would put it down and try it in the morning. It sounds like a network issue. Since you're on Rogers I won't even ask if you have another network to switch to...You'll probably wake up in the morning with a bunch of emails....However, tomorrow is Sunday. Good luck! I think you just get to wait til they fix it!

Lex Luthor
12-10-2006, 01:09 AM
I just got off the phone with a rep that was extremly helpful and knew what he was talking about. I was told that even though it appears I am connected to the network I'm actually not and that there is an issue right now with sending emails as well as pin messages.

In a way I am relieved because now I know it's not my BlackBerry that's gone haywire. The rep stated things should be resolved soon and provided me with a ticket number so I'll just wait it out.

Perennial Tears
12-10-2006, 02:46 AM
I just got off the phone with a rep that was extremly helpful and knew what he was talking about. I was told that even though it appears I am connected to the network I'm actually not and that there is an issue right now with sending emails as well as pin messages.

In a way I am relieved because now I know it's not my BlackBerry that's gone haywire. The rep stated things should be resolved soon and provided me with a ticket number so I'll just wait it out.

I just made this post: do you have sprint? I just purchased a Blackberry 8703 from sprint and I have an employee plan. I got off the phone with the rep that said he added the BB account with powervision to my blackberry, but I see no internet or email icon on my phone (five hours later). And when I called sprint they said that they see no BB Plan on my account.

This guy spent 2 minutes finding my plan and setting up my account then walked me through setting up my phone to my phone service. He then said you're ready to go and you have unlimited data, Power Vision, etc.

But I believe that's not the case. I talked to a Sprint rep later and she said that she didn't see anything on the account but its possible that it may show up later on.

I dealt with sprint for 5 hours straight on this phone and no one seems to give me a straight answer.

any experience?