PDA

View Full Version : TMO BB Minutes & Mail ?- HELP!!

sendit2mybb
12-10-2006, 09:41 AM
New BB user here on TMO (8700g)!
I have the TMO BB Minutes and Mail plan..(which I love by the way) which includes: 1000 anytime minutes, unlimited SMS, ulimited MMS, and unlimited BB data! Have my browser set to wap.voicestream.com I've been noticing that my 1000 minutes are getting chewed up way too quickly! Used 998 airtime minutes and approx. 700 text messages last month and there is no way that I made that many phone calls!! Am I burning up airtime minutes via downloading free apps.? Texting way too much ?or Utilizing 3rd party browser (Opera Mini)? or just spending way too much time on my new crackberry? Don't really want to upgrade plan and definitely don't want to pay $.35 per additional minutes (yikes!!) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the long thread!!

apple85
12-10-2006, 12:03 PM
You might be burning more minutes than you think because TMO BB M&M DOES NOT have unlimited nights and weekends. Additionally for TMO you have to subscribe to TMO mobile to mobile...

penk
12-10-2006, 05:15 PM
apple85 is probably right regarding your N&W usage. also, as he mentions it not being included, M2M can be added for $6.99/mo and that could free up your minutes for a small cost. check your usage at my.t-mobile and the detail should list minutes used with other t-mo subscribers. don't forget that you can check your usage via #646# - #674# for messages.

BTW, 1KBBM&M includes unlimited SMS only - MMS is not included in the base plan.

kevinmg
12-10-2006, 10:33 PM
i was told you can't add M2M to the Mins & Mail plans....not sure if that's true or not...but that's what i was told

but yeah, using data or sms won't burn your minutes....i used about 2500 txt msgs last month and 10mb of data, and everything looked normal on my bill.

penk
12-10-2006, 10:38 PM
i was told you can't add M2M to the Mins & Mail plans....not sure if that's true or not...but that's what i was toldthat doesn't sound right at all. you should call Care and inquire directly.

kevinmg
12-10-2006, 10:44 PM
that doesn't sound right at all. you should call Care and inquire directly.

i actually don't need it, so i never pushed the issue....but i will if/when i need the feature...it's so hard to say, cause a lot of times the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing :)

namtheho
12-11-2006, 10:22 PM
thats weird my TMO doesnt charge me for that

sendit2mybb
12-11-2006, 11:37 PM
Thanks all, will check into M2M through TMO. Since I'm a new customer, just received confirmation for paperless billing through TMO; so will definitely check out my bill online! Thanks!