PDA

View Full Version : POP Email Synch

TaSM1
12-10-2006, 12:45 PM
Verizon 8703e:
Outlook Express

If I delete an email off my computer at home, how can I have that same email deleted off my BB automatically? Also, can the same be done the opposite direction? If I delete an email off my BB, can that same email be deleted from my POP server?

Thank you.

TaSM1
12-10-2006, 12:54 PM
From my understanding, this is email reconsiliation in the BB world.

moleman2k
12-10-2006, 01:04 PM
Verizon 8703e:
Outlook Express

If I delete an email off my computer at home, how can I have that same email deleted off my BB automatically? Also, can the same be done the opposite direction? If I delete an email off my BB, can that same email be deleted from my POP server?

Thank you.

Hi,

if you are using Post Office Protocol email (POP mail) then this is not possible. It is not a limitation of the BlackBerry, but rather a limitation of the Post Office Protocol.

bvandrasik
12-10-2006, 02:43 PM
If I delete an email off my computer at home, how can I have that same email deleted off my BB automatically?

No, if you are using BIS this is not possible.

Also, can the same be done the opposite direction? If I delete an email off my BB, can that same email be deleted from my POP server?

Yes, this you can do. When you delete a message on your BB you are asked if you want it deleted "On Mailbox & Handheld" or "On Handheld" only. Choosing to delete from "Mailbox & Handheld" will remove it from your POP3 server the next time your POP server is polled (in about 15 minutes), or as soon as you do a "Reconcile Now" operation.

TaSM1
12-10-2006, 06:16 PM
Thank you very much for the responses. I'll try it out in regards to the options of deleting on BB and mailbox.

Thanks again.