PDA

View Full Version : Who would support a petition for RIM to fix the Stock Holster and...

apple85
12-10-2006, 09:56 PM
Who would support a petition for RIM to fix the Stock Holster and offer those of us that used it (even for a short period of time) and now have those infamous rub marks a fixed replacement holder and housings? After less than a month of use my 8703e has brutal rub marks that Verizon isn't wanting to deal with. YES I do have a leather holster ordered thats been on back order...

mymitsu3kgt
12-10-2006, 11:18 PM
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I second that the "Launcher" leaves some horrible rub marks but I also believe the service provider and RIM won't do anything about it. They'll just say the wear is due to your abuse.

rwireless
12-10-2006, 11:25 PM
RIM. Just fills the order from the provider. I have an unlocked 8700v from an over seas provider called Vodafone and it came stock with a OEM blackberry (fo) leather case not the plastic clip. It looks like the providers in Canada and the USA are just placing cheep orders?

Dodge DeBoulet
12-11-2006, 06:46 AM
Who would support a petition for RIM to fix the Stock Holster and offer those of us that used it (even for a short period of time) and now have those infamous rub marks a fixed replacement holder and housings? After less than a month of use my 8703e has brutal rub marks that Verizon isn't wanting to deal with. YES I do have a leather holster ordered thats been on back order...

If you've had it less than a month, complain about the battery life and demand a new one. My Fortte case arrived a few days before I swapped out mine. Coincidence? Perhaps . . . but I don't have any rub marks now, and I don't expect any :)

Of course, if you're really a cop, then I'm just joking ha ha ha :D

apple85
12-11-2006, 12:07 PM
Firefighter! Complain about the battery to RIM or to Verizon? Were you within your 15 days?

Outrigger
12-11-2006, 12:24 PM
is it just the verizon ones? I have the 8700g from Tmobile and it uses a similar holster I gather, but I have zero marks and have been using it for over a month.

Pizzle
12-11-2006, 01:27 PM
If it makes you feel better, newer handhelds will likely not ever come with a carrying solution. See: Pearl. The new 8800 will probably be the same scenario.

rdkl24
12-11-2006, 02:07 PM
No marks on mine yet after a couple of weeks but I know they are comming. One of the first things I noticed when I got it was the way it rubs the holster. Unfortunately the functionality of the plastic holster is one of the reasons I have the 8700 and not a Pearl...

Oh well!

dkf747
12-11-2006, 03:41 PM
No marks on my 7 month old BB.

Dodge DeBoulet
12-11-2006, 05:01 PM
According to Verizon CS, if your device fails or malfunctions within the first 30 days, they're obligated to give you a new one. After that, you get a refurb.

I really was having battery life issues, and the new unit seems to be an improvement. I asked about an exchange to see if the battery issues could be resolved with a new device on the 29th day after purchase, and they agreed (without even asking!) to get me a new one.

My original 8703e had developed scuff marks on the bottom corners within the first couple of weeks. The new one doesn't have any, but it's never been in the OEM holster.