PDA

View Full Version : Can I read HTML format email from 8700?

BruceCheng
12-11-2006, 11:53 AM
I receive an HTML format email news letter every day. On my 8700, I got lots of HTML codes. Are there any way to read HTML format email message properly on my 8700?

Thanks a lot.

murpheous
12-11-2006, 11:55 AM
Not that I recall

Pizzle
12-11-2006, 01:20 PM
Correct. BBs don't support HTML e-mails.

BruceCheng
12-11-2006, 01:45 PM
That's too bad. Email is all BB does. And it even can not support HTML format email in this internet world.
I believe BlackBerry should use Windows Mobile instead of developing their own operating system.

murpheous
12-11-2006, 02:06 PM
That's too bad. Email is all BB does. And it even can not support HTML format email in this internet world.
I believe BlackBerry should use Windows Mobile instead of developing their own operating system.

No, then it would no longer be stable, as it is now. Windows mobile is terrible.

greggebhardt
12-11-2006, 02:13 PM

I do not want to hurt your feelings but you do not know what you are talking about. Blackberrys are safe, secure and stable! Window devices are not!

If you want games and glitz, Windows is your OS. If you want absolute security and dependability . . . . well that why we use Blackberry.

Read and learn before you buy.

Dawg
12-11-2006, 02:13 PM

why in the world would i want windows mobile when I already have the best OS in the bus

paulbblc
12-11-2006, 02:14 PM
That's a rediculous idea. That's what makes BB's so great is they don't use WM5. By the way I am able to view my gmail emails in html via the browser.

BruceCheng
12-11-2006, 03:04 PM
The truth is, it's hard to find any email client which does not support HTML email format. RIM just cannot keep up with the software development burden. They should let the experts handle that. Windows Mobile is widely used. I don't see much problems using it. HP handheld device uses Windows 2003 which is a even better choice.

paulbblc
12-11-2006, 03:11 PM
I think they're keeping up just fine. As Gregg said, if you want all the bells and whistles thats fine, but if WM5 is going to have those bells and whistles why not make sure they work properly first, which they don't.