PDA

View Full Version : Google Talk failed to fully load. Now getting error

badsign
12-12-2006, 10:20 AM
When I tried to install from the bb dot com / googletalk location (sorry, don't have 10 posts yet and cant post the actual link).

the app only installed up to 25% before the browswer froze on me. so, i closed the browser and now when i try again, the install fails with 'unspecified error'.

I went into options > advanced > applications but there is nothing there about gt. I also checked in service books.

Is there another way to get into the blackberry and manually remove files that may be causing the install to no longer work? Maybe a recommended method around this?

I'm not a complete newb to modding phones n such. But I'm no expert with the bb yet either. BB model is 7520 v 4.10.x

Thanks!

murpheous
12-12-2006, 10:22 AM
pull the battery and try to install again

how do you know the browser froze? Sometimes it stays in one place if it's d/l a big file or what not.

badsign
12-12-2006, 10:28 AM
murpheous,

Guess I don't really know for sure. Might have just been my impatience. I didn't see the 'not responding' message on the browser so this is likely my own fault. I did try a reboot. I'll remove the battery now and try again. Will post a reply when done.

Thanks for the idea.

badsign
12-12-2006, 10:50 AM
no luck with removing the battery. i'll just have to live without.

badsign
12-12-2006, 11:32 AM
ok got past the unspecified error problem by clearing cache and cookies in the web browser, punching CTRL + F5 and then closing/relaunching the browser.

now install status hangs at 0% and gets error "Error downloading file. Please check your internet connection and try again."

Got to 25% the first time. Not sure what changed to stop at 0%.

Will post another reply if I find a work around