PDA

View Full Version : It

inc188
12-12-2006, 06:10 PM
Good day,

i was wondering if there a way of getting around the IT policy... before i got my BB hooked to my company's email i was able to use programs such as Berry411, google maps, and google talk etc.... but since i have activated my BB with our corporate email address none of these apps work... they cant seem to get access to the internet... my corporate email works fine and the browser works as well... but not those apps..

as well i am not able to use new downloaded apps... meaning i downloaded yahoo messenger it shows on my BB but it doesnt work as well...

i am not sure if it is possible to get around all of this?

Thanks

NJBlackBerry
12-12-2006, 06:13 PM
A very unpopular topic around here.
Attempting to bypass BES policies is a fireable offense at some companies.

d_fisher
12-12-2006, 06:27 PM
...and no, you can not bypass the IT Policy. There are ways to remove the policy, but as soon as you reactivate with the BES server a new policy will be pushed down. Unfortunately, your best option is to have two devices. One for work, one for personal.

inc188
12-12-2006, 07:25 PM
wholly molly... i didnt know it was that bad... i thought there a nice and quick solution to it.... lol

Spamdumpster
12-12-2006, 08:25 PM
i thought there a nice and quick solution to it.... lol

There is, potentially. Go ask you company's IT folks to modify your IT policy. Sometimes they will, sometimes they won't, but it can't hurt to ask.

CanuckBB
12-12-2006, 10:05 PM
There is, potentially. Go ask you company's IT folks to modify your IT policy. Sometimes they will, sometimes they won't, but it can't hurt to ask.

Most times they won't. Unless you can provide a business reason, they won't. It's a security and support issue.

You start installing software, and 6 months from now call IT because your device won't hold more than 2 days worth of emails. IT won't know you have stuff clogging up memory and will lose time trying to figure it out.

bbgirl
01-09-2007, 12:49 PM
"and no, you can not bypass the IT Policy. There are ways to remove the policy, but as soon as you reactivate with the BES server a new policy will be pushed down. Unfortunately, your best option is to have two devices. One for work, one for personal."

My policy is not changing any ideas what wrong?

bbgirl
01-09-2007, 12:55 PM
Also, anyone know if there is a policy rule that will allow me to make phone calls while my bb is locked. I know I can receive, but I want to make.

I know that I can make if I have a bluetooth device that lets you make calls, because I dont have those rules set, but I want to use my bb to make calls while locked. I have searched the rules, and my eyes hurt!

please help

bemshaswing
01-09-2007, 04:17 PM
Also, anyone know if there is a policy rule that will allow me to make phone calls while my bb is locked. I know I can receive, but I want to make.

on the 7103 I have if you go to options->security options, general settings there's an option for "Allow outgoingcalls while locked". that should do the trick

bbgirl
01-09-2007, 05:08 PM
on the 7103 I have if you go to options->security options, general settings there's an option for "Allow outgoingcalls while locked". that should do the trick

what about the other models...

d_fisher
01-09-2007, 05:59 PM
what about the other models...Basically the same for all models. The other option is Options > Security. It all depends on the version of the handheld software and the theme you have applied. This all assumes that your IT Policy does not restrict that setting.