PDA

View Full Version : calendar issues with Outlook 2003

brinaht
12-14-2006, 08:47 AM
We are running Bes 4.0 with sql 2000. DB is local to the bes.

Here's my issue. I have a recurring appointment that involves a group of Blackberry users. Out of the group of 9, 5 have the item on both their outlook and their blackberry. 1 has it only on her outlook, and the other 3 have it on their blackberry, but not on their outlook.

No proxys were involved in the accepting of this appointment.

Here's my delima, I can't go back to the logs for that day to see if there any problems, because it only shows the Alert log and the MDAT log. Now, I called RIM about it and they suggested that I check to see if the CDO.dll matches the exchange server CDO's. They do. My boss (who is one of the 3) and I tried to recreate this problem, but were only successful in making the recurring series not show up on the bb, but on outlook.

Here is the other kicker. The one that has it on their outlook and not the bb, is the only one in the required attendees. The other 8 are all invited attendees on the same meeting request.

Please, someone come to my rescue to help determine why this issue has arrived. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

careyana
12-14-2006, 09:51 AM
Who accepted the meeting via BB? Who accepted via Outlook? Try to see if there's a pattern. Also check the calendar options on the device and make sure they're set to synchronize wirelessly.

brinaht
12-14-2006, 10:11 AM
Out of the users polled, Most have found issues with accepting via the blackberry and have now started accepting all meetings via Outlook. One couldn't tell me because she accepts meetings either way depending on where she is (she is one that has it on her BB but not on outlook)

out of the 5 that have it on both, most have accepted via outlook.
of the 3 that have it on bb, but not outlook: 2 can't remember and the 3rd accepted via outlook.

I don't know about the one that has it on outlook, but not on her bb.

RLLD
12-14-2006, 10:34 AM
I have seen tons of appointment issues.

In one instance the invitee was on the recipient list, and this spawned multiple instances of the same appointment- particularly when the appointment was changed. Purportedly, making that invitee a delagate would fix this, but it does not.

Also, ANY invitations sent via a task within outlook is just asking for trouble.

Be sure to review reconciliation settings, and any rules in outlook as well.