PDA

View Full Version : 7520 question ... hopefully I'm just a schmoe

The Bishop
12-14-2006, 10:15 PM
I have a 7520 with over 300 contacts in it, and wanted to copy those and my messages over to a new 7520 (the old one has stopped working). Is there a way to do this (or multiple ways, perhaps that doesn't include using Outlook?)

Thanks for the help to a BB newb. :)

Soapm
12-14-2006, 10:48 PM
Can you do a full back up of the first device? If so you can just restore the messages and contacts on the new one.

The Bishop
12-14-2006, 10:56 PM
Would that use the Blackberry Desktop? (I normally use the BES, but this one is not connected to the BES at all, so that is why I'm having woes here).

archer6
12-14-2006, 11:02 PM
Would that use the Blackberry Desktop? (I normally use the BES, but this one is not connected to the BES at all, so that is why I'm having woes here).

Noticed that you are new here....Welcome to the Forum............:smile:

Yes it uses the BlackBerry desktop manager. If you have the CD with it then you are all set. If not go to the Rim site and download the latest version: 4.2.0.10. Once you have it downloaded to your computer, just connect your BB, launch the desktop manager and you will see an Icon there "Backup & Restore" , it's fast and easy and will take care of your needs perfectly.

Cheers...............8-)