PDA

View Full Version : my screen stopped working

jsolts
12-15-2006, 02:10 AM
I wont lie, i abuse my 7100, it falls on the floor, falls into the street.

you name it, it's landed on it, But never in liquid!

the screen stopped working, it would sometimes show wierd colors, then turn off. And you used to be able to get the screen to work sometimes, if you squeezed the sides of the screen.

Any idea whats wrong? or how to fix it?

and how much is a new screen ?

please help

John Clark
12-15-2006, 02:55 AM
It sounds like it's probably done. However, I did have problems with a 7100t screen having lines going through it. I took it apart and unplugged it from the circuit board and plugged it back in again and it worked fine after that. You might give it a try. You'll need a T6 torx. There are two screws under the battery cover and two under the speaker cover on the back. Unsnap the front and back. then remove the 4 screws that hold the keypad on. Underneath that is where the screen ribbon cable plugs into the circuit board. Lift the metal tab up and remove the ribbon. Clean it a little I just blew it out a little and plugged it back in and it worked. You could have more problems but it can't hurt to try. It doesn't work, right?

jsolts
12-17-2006, 02:06 PM
It sounds like it's probably done. However, I did have problems with a 7100t screen having lines going through it. I took it apart and unplugged it from the circuit board and plugged it back in again and it worked fine after that. You might give it a try. You'll need a T6 torx. There are two screws under the battery cover and two under the speaker cover on the back. Unsnap the front and back. then remove the 4 screws that hold the keypad on. Underneath that is where the screen ribbon cable plugs into the circuit board. Lift the metal tab up and remove the ribbon. Clean it a little I just blew it out a little and plugged it back in and it worked. You could have more problems but it can't hurt to try. It doesn't work, right?

thanks for the tip, but i tried that before and it worked for a while, but no matter how many times i open it, it just wont work?

Is it the screen of the board thats broken?

and where and how much are parts?

John Clark
12-18-2006, 12:32 AM
Try promobility.com. They have parts. However, I don't think it's worth the money. It's time to upgrade to the Pearl! (y)

jsolts
12-18-2006, 04:25 PM
Try promobility.com. They have parts. However, I don't think it's worth the money. It's time to upgrade to the Pearl! (y)

one step ahead of ya!

i already upgraded to the pearl, just want to fix it up for the wife

just checked out that site and they want $125 just for the lcd?

F-O to that !

lintakoc
01-06-2007, 11:45 AM
i lost mine out in my driveway in the rain for 9hrs. it worked fine when it was all dried off except i think i cracked the lcd screen taking it apart. i bought a used working 7105t from ebay with a cracked housing for around $40 shipped and replaced it.