PDA

View Full Version : Tmobile and venicom Free 7100T

Patbb
04-02-2005, 02:49 PM
Any advise on the deal for a Free BB from Venicom working with Tmobile. They seem to have a good deal but rediculous rules and requrements? Anyone done this? How is it working? [SIZE=6]

Suds
04-02-2005, 10:16 PM
Good deal if you are new to T-mobile. See my reply here:
http://blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?p=40909#post40909

Hazy
04-03-2005, 10:40 AM
I took advantage of the deal. However, deep down I have a feeling I am going to get bit in the butt in the end.

Patbb
04-04-2005, 03:31 PM
Hazy, I will take the deal but I have an email apologising for the lie. So trust they will keep their end of the bargain.

TRaymond
04-05-2005, 12:11 AM
My company currently has approx. 100 lines of service with Sprint. We are looking to switch carriers but the cost of moving to a new carrier (New Phones) is just too much. This seems like a perfect alternative (being that I'm the only one in the company on T-Mobile with a Blackberry right now :) )

I'd be very interested to hear anyone else's input on this deal.

bobsawyer
04-05-2005, 01:41 PM
I bit and got myself the free BB 7100 from Venicom. I was already a T-Mobile customer, and they were very helpful in answering my questions about closing my old TM account and opening the new one. My only complaint is that I didn't get to keep my old phone number, but c'est la vie. So far, so good.

emrys01
04-05-2005, 02:43 PM
nothing to see here... move along...

bb7100tfan
04-05-2005, 04:22 PM
I moved my account from Verizon to TMobile and got the 'free' BB from Venicom. The transaction was nicely executed, number got ported immediately. All in all a trouble free deal....go for it!

TRaymond
04-06-2005, 08:36 AM
FOLLOWUP!!!

I called Venicom yesterday and check this out:

I purchased a 7100t from my local Fry's Electronics 5 days ago for 299 bucks after rebate. Through Venicom I have purchased another 7100t and line of service. I escalated the call to a senior rep and she gave me her direct number and told me once I received it that she would walk me though and transfer plans from two other handsets that I didn't even purchase though them.

Transaction happened very smoothly, there doesn't seem to be any caviots with this deal. As a matter of fact, they seem to have the BEST customer service I've run into in a long time. Very willing to help out. At the end of the day, I'll be returning my Fry's 7100t within my 14 day period and getting my 400 bucks back.....paying venicom 119.99 (100 for the phone 19.99 for shipping) and getting a 100 buck rebate from T-mobile (say it takes approx 4-6 weeks to get your money back). So a phone for 19.99 doesn't sound too bad to me!

BTW...they have other phones and other deals...IE: They have a BB7730 for FREE...You don't pay anything and no rebates. (Not just BB phones..they have a wide range with a wide range of carriers).

My advice: If your within your grace period and you paid money for your phone OR if you need a new line of service...This is the way to go.

Good luck!!

----------
TRaymond

serpico
07-04-2005, 11:20 AM
Not sure the deal was ever off, but for what it's worth, they are offering the 7100t for free after $100 TMO rebate (along with some other free or discounted phones). Website says the offer is good until July 4.

Seems like the only catch is that you have to keep the initial voice/data you choose for 4 months after activation, or else you are charged $449. After the 4 mo. period, they say you can change plans freely. Even during the first 4 mo., they said I should call TMO for any service issues.

They also claim to honor the standard TMO 14-day return policy. Also, it seems that others on the BBForums have had success with Venicom.

Just ordered one, I'll repost if there are any problems with Venicom or the rebate.

website for Venicom's cellular deals:
http://www.ushopwireless.com

Gix1k
07-05-2005, 07:16 AM
I used this company and only paid S&H for my 7100t. No problems at all. You just have to make all changes with them for the first 90 days and then you can do what you want. Nothing too serious.

serpico
07-05-2005, 11:54 AM
Looks like there is no rush - the offer has been rolled to July 8.