PDA

View Full Version : Can't figure this out.

e283849
12-15-2006, 02:45 PM
I have a 8700c on Cingular. I work for a very large orginization and we utalize BES (hundreds of BB). My problem is that when I get a call and look down at the phone all I see is the number and the company name. I want and should see the individuals name. This is driving me crazy. I must be doing something incorrectly. :? :-x

Do i have a setting incorrect? If I delete their company name from the address book then it will show their name when they call. I have over a thousand entries. Please help.

paulbblc
12-15-2006, 02:53 PM
Check address book > options then make sure Sort By has First Name listed.

e283849
12-15-2006, 03:03 PM
Had sort by last name.

changed it to sort by first and all it did was change my address book around. Phone still shows company instead of individuals name when calls come in.

paulbblc
12-15-2006, 04:01 PM
Okay, must be a BES setting, sorry. I don't know much about BES. If you'd like I can move this to the BES section of the forums where there are more BES admins who would view this.

John Clark
12-15-2006, 06:43 PM
Are these calls coming from the same number but differernt extensions? Do you have an address entry for the company itself in your address book that it might be picking up? Also, and I don't mean to be rude by this, have you searched the forums for this problem? It seems like I've read about this issue but don't remember what people did to solve it.

estabulla
12-16-2006, 12:33 AM
If the PBX Voice gateway for your company has it set so that individual numbers are masked then unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it. You should try calling another number from your office number and see what the caller ID shows up as.

How is your address book organized. I think it goes by your "File as" field in Outlook. Check what your file as field is set for the folks who are calling in Outlook and see what it set to. I may be wrong just a possibility.

e283849
12-18-2006, 01:13 PM
Thanks for all the ideas but the issue still persist. On my next visit to our corporate headquarters I'll get with our IT folks and see if they have a solution.

To answer a few of your questions:

Calls coming from multiple numbers at a particular site as well as multimple sites. Some calls even coming from cell phones still show company name.

Outlook "file as" field has last name , first name