PDA

View Full Version : Can't forward picture attachment on 7290

Antimatter
12-15-2006, 06:13 PM
I used to forward picture attachment on my 7290 all the time so i can have a copy on my desktop and i prefer viewing the pictures on my desktop.

Then out of the blue it stopped working, so I started to just save them and been saving them ever since, but memory is starting to get low and i prefer viewing them on the desktop, so anyone got any idea what the hell is going on?

Thanks!

Its a 7290 blackberry with tmobile.

Antimatter
12-16-2006, 07:25 AM
*bump*

Antimatter
12-16-2006, 04:24 PM
I did a search damnit, and i couldn't really find any relievant result that has to do with my device, so i would really like some help here?

Antimatter
12-17-2006, 01:10 PM
:( no one has any answer?

Pizzle
12-17-2006, 03:52 PM
Listing what you HAVE tried is usually very useful.

Have you:

- Tried a hard reset? (Battery Pull)
- Resent your service books?
- Re-enterprise activated if you're on a BES?
- Wiped the handheld and reinstalled the OS?

southwestcomm
12-17-2006, 03:55 PM
I don't believe you can grab a picture you have saved on the device and send it as an attachment in an Email. You need to forward it as an attachment from the original.

Antimatter
12-17-2006, 05:26 PM
Listing what you HAVE tried is usually very useful.

Have you:

- Tried a hard reset? (Battery Pull)
- Resent your service books?
- Re-enterprise activated if you're on a BES?
- Wiped the handheld and reinstalled the OS?

That's great :-) I didn't know there was that kind of list of things that I could do. Anyway what I've done so far is.

1) Hard reset
2) Will try this soon from tmobile, done, still no good :-(
3) I'm a private user, not a part of BES
4) Can't do this, because I don't have any windows machine, they're all Linux.

Is there any way I can access the tmo.blackberry.net address on the internet and download the pictures/messages from there?

southwestcomm: I know I don't have any pictures saved, they're just on the e-mail itself saved in the saved e-mail as attachment, and i used to be able to forward them, but now I can forward them but for some reasons the pictures are not forwarded along with the message.

Pizzle
12-17-2006, 07:42 PM
There's no way to access your tmo.blackberry.net if you're using anything higher than BIS 1.8. Webmail was removed from subsequent versions.

I'd try finding a Windows machine that you can use to wipe and reload. Doesn't sound like there are many other options.

southwestcomm
12-17-2006, 08:18 PM
Is the Email still in the Inbox of your Email account? If you have deleted/filed the Email you won't have access to the attachment.

That's great :-) I didn't know there was that kind of list of things that I could do. Anyway what I've done so far is.

1) Hard reset
2) Will try this soon from tmobile, done, still no good :-(
3) I'm a private user, not a part of BES
4) Can't do this, because I don't have any windows machine, they're all Linux.

Is there any way I can access the tmo.blackberry.net address on the internet and download the pictures/messages from there?

southwestcomm: I know I don't have any pictures saved, they're just on the e-mail itself saved in the saved e-mail as attachment, and i used to be able to forward them, but now I can forward them but for some reasons the pictures are not forwarded along with the message.

tsac
12-17-2006, 10:25 PM
He said he was forwarding so unless he did something to the OS, it should still work.., You cannot attach a picture, at lease not with the latest OS . Maybe in the future you will be able to

Antimatter
12-18-2006, 12:47 AM
Is the Email still in the Inbox of your Email account? If you have deleted/filed the Email you won't have access to the attachment.

Yes it is in my inbox filed into the "saved folder"

tsac: exactly, only thing i did was add in, google map, berry411, iprelay for relay, and ramble, and install then deleted verichat, and a few ssh client.

But those application is separate from e-mail so it shouldn't have affected it at all.

Would vmware machine on Linux do the trick, it basically runs window xp in a virtual environment and provide an generic USB 1.1 stack for the windows xp machine to access things on the USB ports, or does blackberry require USB 2.0?

Antimatter
12-20-2006, 08:26 PM
*Bump* Is the agreement at this point that only thing I can do is reinstall the OS? and will that lose my e-mails?

Antimatter
12-23-2006, 01:12 AM
*Bump* Is the agreement at this point that only thing I can do is reinstall the OS? and will that lose my e-mails?

*bump* these e-mails are stored on tmobile BES server right? so all i need to do is to reinstall the OS?

Antimatter
01-02-2007, 04:45 AM
Okay, what I did was update the device to 4.1 OS and I'm now able to forward some of my pictures :) but sadly it seems that if the message are older than a certain date, the forward will fail, then when i select resend, it will strip out the picture and forward it.

Which IMHO is rubbish because I can view these pictures just fine on this device!