PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Street Mapping App

rvanthiel
12-17-2006, 12:56 PM
Hello - I'm looking for a mapping application or website. Google Maps would fit the bill but I need to deploy it centrally from our BES server (see previous post). Any other sites or applications that would work well? Thanks again!

Stinsonddog
12-17-2006, 01:14 PM
BBMaps from RIM. See my GPS tips site.

yunone
12-17-2006, 04:22 PM
i have used bb maps and telenav and regularly use telenav and hardly use bb maps anymore. Telenav is awesome as far as a professional gps system can be and its much more dynamic than bb maps

and yes Stinson's tutorials are dope, definately check them out

rvanthiel
12-17-2006, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the tip! Very nice site of yours as well. I didn't see how it would let me download BB Maps so that I can deploy it with the BES server. It seems that it wants to use a desktop or have the device access the site directly for download. Am I missing something? :)

Stinsonddog
12-17-2006, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the tip! Very nice site of yours as well. I didn't see how it would let me download BB Maps so that I can deploy it with the BES server. It seems that it wants to use a desktop or have the device access the site directly for download. Am I missing something? :)

I would ask RIM that.

rvanthiel
12-18-2006, 07:46 AM
Will do, thanks again.

rvanthiel
12-18-2006, 08:31 AM
"At this time "BlackBerry Maps" can only be downloaded from the website you provided.

In order to use the software configuration you would be required to have the *.alx/*.cod files on your server that makes up the software, however, for BlackBerry Maps at this time we do not have one to be able to push it from the server as a software configuration.

To obtain the software from the link provided the BlackBerry User would click on the link manually or connect their BlackBerry handheld to their desktop and load from the link you provided."

Aceshigh
12-19-2006, 02:45 AM
Pay $10 for telenav ....hmmm......unless you REEEALLY need it, I'd suggest buying a standalone GPS before I did that personally.

It's such a rip off IMHO. It should be a 1 time charge, but they figured
with the many people using it, they can make WAAAAY more coin charging
monthly for it.