PDA

View Full Version : Aviation - Best graphical weather radar depiction? and Mapping/Navigation?

reeljustice
12-17-2006, 10:26 PM
I've looked at quite a few of the weather sites particularly looking for easy to access radar depictions.

For those of you who like to look at live and animated weather radars, which do you like best for display on the BB?

I currently have the 8703e.

I've also downloaded Telenav but not overly happy with it as yet. I looked at BB Maps and they look fairly helpful particularly with the GPS on option. I looked at Google Maps with my older 7250 but didn't use them much.

What are your suggestions as to the best mapping/navigation for the BB?

jcalchi
12-17-2006, 10:48 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7100i/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/103)

My-Cast Weather on Nextel 7100i. The radar pin-points on my GPS location.

It's only available on Nextel BlackBerries I think.

reeljustice
12-17-2006, 10:58 PM
I'll try looking for that. My service provider is Alltel. My office is in Atlanta but my "home" is in SE Georgia. Only Alltel provides reasonably reliable service in the rural areas of Georgia. Thanks for your reply.

Incite
12-20-2006, 06:15 PM
Hi Reeljustice, I am also a Pilot. I have found that this software is amazing... wxsys.com. It will give you everything you need and a variety of different Radar views.