PDA

View Full Version : Verizon 7250 - Questions about alarms, alerts, rings, etc.

bostonguy
04-03-2005, 05:59 PM
Hey All,

I'm being asked to move from a Sprint PPC-6601 (PocketPC phone) to a Verizon 7250 for work. I had a Blackberry years ago, and look forward to the email/battery life/stability of the product.

Since the BB will be my primary phone/PDA my question is one of alarm/alert/ring "persistence" for the three main alert situations - calendar alarms, SMS (company pages), and phone calls (missed/voice mail).

In othe words how are the volumes and reminders for these three notifications. If I miss the first calendar alert will it keep alerting me until I answer/dismiss it? How about SMS messages will they keep "buzzing" until I acknowledge them. What about missed calls/voicemail? That's my biggest concern and I used third party apps in the PPC and Palm worlds (also used to have a Treo600) to make sure my reminders/alerts/alarms would get noticed.

I'm not concerned about normal corporate/BES email (I get so many I'll turn those alerts off compeltely) but I am curious/concerned about missing calls, calendar reminders, SMS pages, etc. I'm also not overly concerned about volume of the alerts/alarms/rings as much as i am their persistence.

Anybody have any information in general and specifically for the Verizon 7250 model?

Thanks, bostonGuy

jibi
04-03-2005, 07:34 PM
3 beeps for any of the needs you mention. repeat notification is in the form of a silent LED light flashing.