PDA

View Full Version : 8700g Phone Quality

techie34290
12-18-2006, 05:43 PM
Hey Everyone,
I just wanted to check something. I've been using the 8700g for 7 months now, and recently I have started noticing the audio quality is pretty poor. It's not that it's not clear, but whenever I'm in a noisy environment, I can't hear the other person. The other person can hear me perfectly fine. The speakerphone works fine, but I can't put it on speakerphone to talk about company matters.

The thing is - the audio quality is great in quiet, silent environments, but even when I'm driving, I can't hear the other person if a car zooms by with noise. And you can forget about hearing the other person at a decently noisy party.

Are you guys experiencing the same issues? Is this problem fairly common? If so, have you found a way to fix it?

Thx.

jpfchicago
12-18-2006, 06:49 PM
Hey Everyone,
I just wanted to check something. I've been using the 8700g for 7 months now, and recently I have started noticing the audio quality is pretty poor. It's not that it's not clear, but whenever I'm in a noisy environment, I can't hear the other person. The other person can hear me perfectly fine. The speakerphone works fine, but I can't put it on speakerphone to talk about company matters.

The thing is - the audio quality is great in quiet, silent environments, but even when I'm driving, I can't hear the other person if a car zooms by with noise. And you can forget about hearing the other person at a decently noisy party.

Are you guys experiencing the same issues? Is this problem fairly common? If so, have you found a way to fix it?

Thx.

I had the same exact problem with my 8700 from T-Mobile. Everything was fine except the ability to hear the other person. I took it back and reactivated my 7200.
I hope they get this problem fixed with the 8800 otherwise i'm going elsewhere.

techie34290
12-18-2006, 09:06 PM
I just got back from T-Mobile and got a replacement, and this unit is perfect. There's no static anymore and I can finally hear people. I think there was a problem with the last unit.

Miata GT
12-20-2006, 07:53 AM
I've had my 8700g for awhile now and have absolutely no issues hearing people. Must have been a bad unit or got moisture in the speaker?

paulbblc
12-20-2006, 08:14 AM
There are many threads on this and background noise. The general feeling is that an OS upgrade had fixed many of these issues. I currently have no issues on my 8700c running the latest OS release, however when I first received the 8700 the voice quality was awful until I upgraded the OS.