PDA

View Full Version : New users BES and BIS question

pezzer
12-19-2006, 07:27 PM
Hi,

Hoping you can help me. I have just got my new pearl in the UK, and want to use both the company BES server for work emails, and BIS for my home email.

Is there anything I should particularly look out for? I've been warned that there are problems relating to the order you install things, etc.

Can you let me know.

Thanks a load

Pezzer

taftwatson
12-19-2006, 08:07 PM
Not really. You should just be careful before sending message. If your default provider on your BB is work, and you want to send a personal message, you might send messages from your work email instead of your personal email.
I've done it a couple of times, so just be careful.

Also, just so you wont get confused about email that's being sent to you, you should l change the background of one of the messages.

CanuckBB
12-20-2006, 08:34 AM
Same caveat we always give. If you are on the company BES, they own your device. They can log all activity, they can lock it down, they can remotely disable it.

You may be able to receive from your BIS account but be locked down to only send through the BES account.

Make sure you know what you are getting into.

takeshi
12-20-2006, 11:11 AM
Same caveat we always give. If you are on the company BES, they own your device. They can log all activity, they can lock it down, they can remotely disable it.

You may be able to receive from your BIS account but be locked down to only send through the BES account.

Make sure you know what you are getting into.
Exactly. Don't assume that anything is private. If you're ok with that then go ahead. I'd recommend keeping personal and work stuff separate.