PDA

View Full Version : Pasting Text in Email

Tennvol
12-20-2006, 01:45 PM
When I paste text into emails sometimes the message come back with cyrllic type letters, ie it looks like Russian. Sometimes it comes out normal.

Ideas?

tsac
12-20-2006, 04:42 PM
mine works ok, do you have a key stuck. sounds like something is.

Tennvol
12-20-2006, 05:38 PM
I don't think so. Everything appears to be working ok. I can paste the email and send it to myself and it works fine. My 8700G did just survuve a 2 story fall onto concrete last week but there seem to be no noticable damage.

tsac
12-20-2006, 07:21 PM
And you think it's ok after that fall? Sounds like something happened to the keyboard. Maybe a reload of the OS would help. I suppose it is possible that when it hit something corrupted the software.

SteveRoss
12-20-2006, 08:04 PM
Wow, a 2 story fall. I'd be thrilled it's functional at all!

I dropped my Ipaq off a porch railing and it fell about 3 feet shattering the screen. (it was in a rhinoskin protective case too) That's why I ditched the Ipaq for the blackberry. It's reassuring to hear it's so tough!

Tennvol
12-20-2006, 11:01 PM
I tried a test and pasted the email and sent it to myself and it worked but ill give reloadng the os a shot. I was locing my door and my bb slippd out of my hand, bounced on the wood planking of my staircase, bounced through the wickets on the handrail, and hit the concrete below. Battery door and battery were dislodged from the unit. I had a skin on the screen and the only damage was a few nicks on the casing near the edges. At first the keys seemed recessed but they appea to be back to normal. Not too bad for landing face down.

paulbblc
12-20-2006, 11:05 PM
I tried a test and pasted the email and sent it to myself and it worked but ill give reloadng the os a shot. I was locing my door and my bb slippd out of my hand, bounced on the wood planking of my staircase, bounced through the wickets on the handrail, and hit the concrete below. Battery door and battery were dislodged from the unit. I had a skin on the screen and the only damage was a few nicks on the casing near the edges. At first the keys seemed recessed but they appea to be back to normal. Not too bad for landing face down.

I'd say that's quite the remarkable survival story. If it's under warranty you might want to trade it in to get a new one. I have no problems pasting into emails at all.

Tennvol
12-21-2006, 07:41 AM
I just tried a wipe and a restore so we'll see if it works. I'm pretty impressed that it took a nose dive off my entryway and the screen didn't shatter or the case didn't crack.

I'm stumped because I've tried to paste emails and send them to my various email accounts and everything looks fine.

tsac
12-21-2006, 12:12 PM
So reloading the OS worked? If so it's another one to remember.

Tennvol
12-21-2006, 02:00 PM
Jury is still out on if it works or not. I'm waiting for someone to answer me back on if it was a go/no-go.

Tennvol
12-21-2006, 09:09 PM
Wiping didn't work. I still get the same cyrllic type letters when I paste