PDA

View Full Version : Travelling UK to US

aston
12-20-2006, 05:59 PM
I have an 8700g on T-Mobile UK. I have a (generous) 50MB monthly email allowance included in my price plan. I'm taking a holiday in US in January and called T-Mobile to check on the price plan options for roaming and it appears that unlike T-Mob in US they do not offer any international data plan, unlimited or otherwise, for UK users. I would be charged .73 pence per KB of email data received: I really don't fancy paying for receiving spam messages on a daily basis!! T-Mob suggested I set up my BB email to only download message headers to keep the data usage low....

(I was rather hoping that T-Mob's presence in US would give me some kind of cost advantage when using my T-Mob BB over there, but this doesn't appear to be the case which is a shame!)

Re voice calls, I would be charged 55 pence per min to receive any phonecall from UK will I'm in US. So I'll set up "unconditional voicemail redirect" and check voicemail once a day from US. (What is the cheapest way to do this....Skype?)

I'd be interested to hear from other UK BB users on T-Mob or other networks as to how they manage international roaming without running up big bills.....