PDA

View Full Version : Spam Solution!

bubbaman
12-21-2006, 10:04 AM
The other post was getting long so I started a new one so more people would get this. I was having the same problems as others trying to set up the filters to stop all the finance and stock spam.

I started using postini and it has caught 100% of the spam in a week. There are many providers out there and most of them charge about $2.00-$2.50, well worth it to not get junk email all day. The setup is simple and since it runs ahead of my isp's mail server, I don't get any junk emails on my Blackberry. You can google postini and there are many providers for the service, see which one works best for you.

I was very frustrated before, with all the spam I was getting at all hours of the night, now I get zero spam on my BB.

AL904
12-22-2006, 06:57 AM
I have been using Inbox (http://www.inbox.com/products/email.aspx) for a couple of months, now. IMHO, it is one of the best spam solutions available.

Inbox has a "whitelist" option. With "Whitelisting" the only email that gets into your inbox is mail from approved senders. Unknown senders are sent a challenge message to determine if they are "real" senders or spammers.

Best of all, Inbox is free at this time.