PDA

View Full Version : Dim Backlight After Taking Out of Leather Holster

mymitsu3kgt
12-21-2006, 12:09 PM
First, Tmobile's .346 OS sucks and is full of little problems but after I read an article saying that the new OS limits the tethering speed to 64K, that was the last straw and I went back to .284 (I should have never switched). Now everything's back the way I like it except for one weird problem. I am using the leather case from Tmobile with sleeper magnet. Now, whenever I go to take my 8700g out of the case, the backlight is at half the normal brightness. The backlight is set to 100% in the options and the auto backlight is set to Off. Nothing brings it back to normal brightness except pulling the battery or pressing Alt+Num+Del. I know the end all fix will be to wipe the device and reload but has anyone see this before and maybe fixed it without reloading, it's pretty annoying. Thanks.

dkf747
12-21-2006, 04:14 PM
When mine does that, I give the power button on top a single press, and the light goes to full brightness. It did that on both OS's for me.

seaneboyee
12-21-2006, 11:57 PM
That happens to me as well once I take it out of the holster, it seems to go to full brightness after the ambient light sensor kicks in and realizes it needs to go to full brightness.

mymitsu3kgt
12-22-2006, 02:36 AM
That happens to me as well once I take it out of the holster, it seems to go to full brightness after the ambient light sensor kicks in and realizes it needs to go to full brightness.
I have my auto backlight turned off. As for pressing the power button, that brings it to a "Super" bright level. I'm talking about the normal maximum brightness. Both of those aside, it seems after doing three hard boots, I haven't seen it happen again. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.