PDA

View Full Version : China Mobile Blackberry with US BES and Exchange account?

kjken
12-21-2006, 07:55 PM
Our Firm is opening a shop in Shanghai, China. We want the folks in the China office to have Blackberry. We know that China Mobile has Blackberry as well as Orange Hong Kong. The question is will the locally purchased Blackberry from China Mobile and Orange Hong Kong work with the BES and Exchange in the US?

Thanks!

jibi
12-21-2006, 10:25 PM
Yes. Should be no issues whatsoever.

takeshi
12-22-2006, 09:48 AM
BES doesn't care about the carrier. You can even mix and match devices from various carriers on a single BES.

kjken
12-22-2006, 01:04 PM
Thank you all the information.

funkym
12-23-2006, 07:12 AM
Just some weeks ago I was in Beijing and Shanghai and checked several China Mobile shops they all told me: "We don't have BlackBerry SIMs yet". Did anything change by now? I would like to get such a SIM card too. Moreover, do you know if it is possible to upgrade an existing card to the BlackBerry service?

ernchow
01-12-2007, 10:52 AM
China Mobile has pushmail and redberry services. They claim that is better than BES and BIS services. If you are using Exchange 2003, you can use Exchange mailpush instead and apply China mobile SIM. GPRS cost of China mobile is quite cheap.

Dubdub
01-12-2007, 11:31 AM
BES doesn't care about the carrier. You can even mix and match devices from various carriers on a single BES.

That might be true, but you still need to be able to connect to a US carrier for Internet and data access. Not sure what flavor of services (GSM, CDMA, W-CDMA, etc.) is in China or if it is even compatible to the US technology.

funkym
01-13-2007, 06:29 AM
China Mobile has pushmail and redberry services. They claim that is better than BES and BIS services. If you are using Exchange 2003, you can use Exchange mailpush instead and apply China mobile SIM. GPRS cost of China mobile is quite cheap.

Actually it is China Unicom that has the redberry. I'm not messing it up ... ;)