PDA

View Full Version : TCP and TMobile UK

pytey
04-04-2005, 02:04 PM
Hello,

I've been running version 4.0.0.198 for a while, but I cannot get any TCP apps to work, (ssh, verichat etc). I have the traditional "instant email" consumer 7100t from T-Mobile UK, is this what you are using? I've added the "general.t-mobile.uk" APN (I was wondering if this should be general.t-mobile.CO.uk??) but nothing, verichat barfs with "could not open tunnel - failed" and sometimes "cannot find a service book entry", I've tried rebooting the device, resending the service books etc.
Is anyone actually using Verichat/ssh etc with 4.0.0.x on the "instant email" consumer offering from T-Mobile UK? (ie. not the enterprise BES solution that they offer).

I'm pulling my hair out trying to get this working!!

Mark Rejhon
04-04-2005, 03:07 PM
If you have the correct APN, then "Cannot open tunnel" probably means a phone call is needed in order to get the APN activated on your account.

Unfortunately, placing phone calls to carriers can be a very frustrating experience, and may require several attempts before your account works. It may be a good idea to read up on other people's experiences with calling carriers (especially T-Mobile USA)

Attempt to ask the carrier "May I have the general.t-mobile.uk Internet Access Point Name (APN) added to my account?" ... You may have to go through a few customer service representatives before a CSR is able to make this co-exist with your BlackBerry plan..

ventmore
04-04-2005, 04:25 PM
Hello,

I've been running version 4.0.0.198 for a while, but I cannot get any TCP apps to work, (ssh, verichat etc). I have the traditional "instant email" consumer 7100t from T-Mobile UK, is this what you are using? I've added the "general.t-mobile.uk" APN (I was wondering if this should be general.t-mobile.CO.uk??) but nothing, verichat barfs with "could not open tunnel - failed" and sometimes "cannot find a service book entry", I've tried rebooting the device, resending the service books etc.
Is anyone actually using Verichat/ssh etc with 4.0.0.x on the "instant email" consumer offering from T-Mobile UK? (ie. not the enterprise BES solution that they offer).

I'm pulling my hair out trying to get this working!!
I am using verichat with T-mobile UK. I asked them what the APN was and they told me without any hassle. APN is as you said, with a username of "user" and password of "pass". They didn't "activate" it, it simply worked when I entered the settings. I am not using 4 though...still 3.8.whatever.

I did find however that I had problems with verichat initially until I pulled the battery. Haven't had any probs since.

HTH
ventmore

pytey
04-04-2005, 04:39 PM
I am using verichat with T-mobile UK. I asked them what the APN was and they told me without any hassle. APN is as you said, with a username of "user" and password of "pass". They didn't "activate" it, it simply worked when I entered the settings. I am not using 4 though...still 3.8.whatever.

I did find however that I had problems with verichat initially until I pulled the battery. Haven't had any probs since.

Chaps, thanks for this information...
Ventmore, are you using the standard consumer service like me? Also, what do you have set in the "network settings" within Verichat?

ventmore
04-05-2005, 07:12 AM
Chaps, thanks for this information...
Ventmore, are you using the standard consumer service like me? Also, what do you have set in the "network settings" within Verichat?
Yeah mate...normal consumer version. Network Settings is set to 'T-Mobile, non-BES'.

Cheers
Ventmore