PDA

View Full Version : Oh Yeah Booiii!!!

maxxym
12-23-2006, 01:49 AM
Heh, so I almost got my BB setup. Just basic things for now. I have few questions though.

I figured out how to setup my domain's email so I get it in both places. I simply setup mycingular.blacberry.net account and setup forwarding on my domain's email account. I was thinking that forwarding would simply forward my emails from one account to another, but for some reason, which I wanted to be like this, it actually delivers email to both places. My BB and my domain. Which is cool.
Then I setup my work's exchange account too. Everything works like a charm. Well, almost.. My internet service on my BB is down now. Not sure why and Cingular's support is closed now. :(

Anyways, I was messing around with themes a little bit and I really like Cingular's default theme. Is there any way to change the background image in it ? Or am I stuck. I am not sure if I like that Zen theme. Dont' like the icons that much.

Any ideas?

maxxym
12-23-2006, 06:17 AM
nevermind.. I figured it out :)

JerryD
12-23-2006, 10:06 AM
Heh, so I almost got my BB setup. Just basic things for now. I have few questions though.

I figured out how to setup my domain's email so I get it in both places. I simply setup mycingular.blacberry.net account and setup forwarding on my domain's email account. I was thinking that forwarding would simply forward my emails from one account to another, but for some reason, which I wanted to be like this, it actually delivers email to both places. My BB and my domain. Which is cool.
Then I setup my work's exchange account too. Everything works like a charm. Well, almost.. My internet service on my BB is down now. Not sure why and Cingular's support is closed now. :(

Anyways, I was messing around with themes a little bit and I really like Cingular's default theme. Is there any way to change the background image in it ? Or am I stuck. I am not sure if I like that Zen theme. Dont' like the icons that much.

Any ideas?
If the domain email you mention is a corporate email system, check with their IT department to see if you're allowed to do that. At some companies it's not allowed and can even be a terminable offense.

maxxym
12-23-2006, 05:17 PM
If the domain email you mention is a corporate email system, check with their IT department to see if you're allowed to do that. At some companies it's not allowed and can even be a terminable offense.

Thanks Jerry, but.. I am in IT dept. :)

I have my own domain name with my own email addy. That works now. I Guess since it's pop, it really don't use the push technology like it would with BES. So I just have to make sure that I have my outlook closed before I leave anywhere. It seems like if outlook catches my email first, I dont get it in my BB. But when I have a forwarder setup to forward my domains emails to my bb email account, when I have my outlook closed, I get duplicate emails in my BB. It's ok though. I just have to make sure that I am not connected via outlook if I am not home on my computer, then I can get all messages in my BB

As for my work emails. We use exchange with pop enabled since there are many people that use phones to receive their emails.

Thanks!