PDA

View Full Version : Mac + Entourage + BES (hosted) = do i still need pockemac?

bigmdime
12-24-2006, 02:09 PM
Hello,

If i sign my wife up with a hosted BES (like exchangemymail or mailstreet) and put entourage on her macs (home and work) will she get full wireless syncing of contacts, calendar and real push email like i get on my pc + outlook? I'd like it so that - like i have with my pc - no cable syncing is required so no use of pocketmac.

Thanks!

bigmdime
12-26-2006, 11:56 AM
anyone?

dgray8
12-26-2006, 08:04 PM
Hello,

If i sign my wife up with a hosted BES (like exchangemymail or mailstreet) and put entourage on her macs (home and work) will she get full wireless syncing of contacts, calendar and real push email like i get on my pc + outlook? I'd like it so that - like i have with my pc - no cable syncing is required so no use of pocketmac.

Thanks!

Honestly, I believe the answer as to whether she'll get full wireless syncing of those features would be best answered by those that run the hosted BES, as each one could have its own particular features, so they would know best. Judge from that point if you need PocketMac or not.

roofus
01-06-2007, 03:06 PM
Yes you will, but notes and tasks will not sync. Don't ask me why cause I don't know. You have to use pocket mac for that.

I use mailstreet and and a pc at work and a mac at home.

jax
01-12-2007, 01:36 PM
I think the reason that notes and tasks from Entourage are not synced using BES, is that they're not actually saved on the exchange server. I've noticed that if I add a note / task in Entourage, and then use Outlook on a PC, you don't see any notes / tasks added by Entourage.

I use Entourage and BES, and have very little use for PocketMac (very occassional installation - although I mainly do OTA).

stroli
01-14-2007, 09:54 AM
I do this now. i have a BlackBerry 8700c with Exchange server, BES Enterprise server and I also use entourage. Entourage doesnt sync things to exchange like memos and tasks, but it does everything else. What i will tell you is that everything syncs from the BB to the server so if you access outlook web access you will see the tasks and the memos you typed on your bb, no using entourage.

It works great and I have been doing this for 6 months, and have never sync'd using a cable.