PDA

View Full Version : my pro and con with my bb8700

nathanbb
12-25-2006, 11:07 PM
I brought this :bb: from deafpager.com with a 2 years contact I am using a macintosh computer to write this
let me out line the problems I had

keyboard too small
froze twice and erase my data base (back up? if so where?)
some of the contact I have on my computer for aim and yahoo do not show up on my bb the bot on my computer such as aol yellow page, aol , and other bot that I need for my personal and business use.

also sometime when I am typing the screen dim itself I don't think that is suppose to happen

the one I like about this is emails forward to me but it does get confusing which one they belong to that will get used to.

so my question here is
where can I get program so I can have view with bots and how to back up my :bb:
also one mor ething when I put my bb away in the platic hostler a message pop up "assign speed dial to the A key? "
I thought it was suppose to go bed when I put it away

nk

thanks

chris716
12-25-2006, 11:49 PM
I would recomend downloading verichat for the bots it comes with like 10 bots on your buddy list it is really nice. Or download berry 411 its the best thing ever if you need to find an address or phone number or directions to anything. Also the screen dims when its in different lighting conditions if your in total darkness it will stay on if you out in light it will continue to dim and get bright as differet light hits the screen even if you can notice the difference. About the keyboard it takes a bit to get use to the size I'm writing on mine right now and its working great. What sucks about a mac is you can't change the os of ur berry or a lot of other things I have a mac as well and that frustrates me I have to use a friends pc to do some of the things I need. About the holster same thing was happening to me and then I realized I had it in it wrong you need to have it in the holster where the screen is facing you and not out

nathanbb
12-26-2006, 01:32 PM
I would recomend downloading verichat for the bots it comes with like 10 bots on your buddy list it is really nice. Or download berry 411 its the best thing ever if you need to find an address or phone number or directions to anything. Also the screen dims when its in different lighting conditions if your in total darkness it will stay on if you out in light it will continue to dim and get bright as differet light hits the screen even if you can notice the difference. About the keyboard it takes a bit to get use to the size I'm writing on mine right now and its working great. What sucks about a mac is you can't change the os of ur berry or a lot of other things I have a mac as well and that frustrates me I have to use a friends pc to do some of the things I need. About the holster same thing was happening to me and then I realized I had it in it wrong you need to have it in the holster where the screen is facing you and not out

lol about the screen facing the wrong way now I feel retard
I will try to find the berry 411 where do I download that from?
thanks
n

nathanbb
12-26-2006, 01:49 PM
I hope this is the right aim that will accept bots on my aims
if so what the conf for it I check the website they have not update the conf for 8700
the best thing about it is that it free.
nk

dkf747
12-26-2006, 02:48 PM
I brought this :bb: from deafpager.com with a 2 years contact I am using a macintosh computer to write this
let me out line the problems I had

I'm Deaf too. There are many here on this BBForums.

keyboard too small

Not for me, but that is your preference.

froze twice and erase my data base (back up? if so where?)

You back it up by using the Desktop Manager, which I don't think works on a Mac.

some of the contact I have on my computer for aim and yahoo do not show up on my bb the bot on my computer such as aol yellow page, aol , and other bot that I need for my personal and business use.

Are you using T-Mobile's IM client? I would give Ramble (http://wireless.sra.com/ramble/) or Yak-on (http://www.yak-on.com/) a try. The T-Mobile is going to cost you alot of money.

also sometime when I am typing the screen dim itself I don't think that is suppose to happen

Scroll the wheel to "options" click then "screeen/keyboard", then click on "automatic backlight" and change option to off.

the one I like about this is emails forward to me but it does get confusing which one they belong to that will get used to.

Scroll to from address and type "q"

so my question here is
where can I get program so I can have view with bots and how to back up my :bb:
also one mor ething when I put my bb away in the platic hostler a message pop up "assign speed dial to the A key? "
I thought it was suppose to go bed when I put it away

nk

thanks

*See the links to Ramble and yak-on that I put above for IM bots.

*Backup by desktop manager. If it won't work on your Mac, use Gmail instead of tmo.blackberry.net and you will have backup of email at Gmail.

*Put blackberry in holster with screen facing in and you should not have that problem anymore.

takeshi
12-26-2006, 11:49 PM

If it goes black then it's not working properly. If it dims then the light sensor has determined that your ambient lighting has changed. It's supposed to do the latter. It brightens when you're in brighter lighting. You can always override this using the light button at the top of the device or through the options.