PDA

View Full Version : Sent mail indicator on 7100

joemz
04-04-2005, 06:44 PM
I use Outlook with BES, and I know that the MESSAGES window on the 7100 is not the INBOX, but the ALL MESSAGES box.

And, I want to have my sent blackberry mail STAY in my outlook SENT box until I delete it from the outlook client

So, I send a message from the BB, and the sent message, with a check mark, shows up on the BB, and in the SENT box of outlook

If I then delete the BB checked message, it also drops from outlook

if i don't delete it, how do i ever get it off the BB Message screen???

Reconcile NOW doesn't remove it, nor does plugging it into PC and reconciling

How do you ever clean up the BB clutter of sent messages WITHOUT also deleting it from outlook itself?

bfrye
04-04-2005, 07:20 PM
Check in message options. There's an option in there where you can choose to delete on handheld only or handheld and server. See if that works for ya.

joemz
04-04-2005, 07:40 PM
Possibly my IT dept removed that option, or maybe I just can't find it

Ajnt
04-05-2005, 06:29 AM
[It should be on your desktop software]

Nope, it's not on my BlackBerry Redirector desktop software, although I thought it was!

I would be interested if anyone knows where this option lives!

PhilMax
04-05-2005, 07:09 AM
Go into Messages. Click thumbwheel and select options. Select email reconciliation and there is the option to "Delete on" either handheld, handheld and mailbox, or prompt. This is also where you "purge" deleted items as well.

phalpern
04-05-2005, 04:28 PM
Or, if you just want to hide your sent messages on the BB, you can Alt-I and the list will shrink to just incoming messages.

daisy
04-06-2005, 08:45 AM
i would like to open my mail on my 7100t and only see the inbox, without doing an alt-I. There has to be a BES 4.0 server setting somewhere but i cant find it. I would think the device also could be modifed in this way.

Ideas?

joemz
04-06-2005, 06:27 PM
Is there a book, like an idiots guide to blackberry, where all of the tricks, like alt-I are documented, and that I can take on a train and read and learn how this works. Its so powerful, but the documentation that comes with it is so useless that I feel I'm not getting all of the power I paid for

Speaking of the Alt-I, do I do it each time I want to get rid of SENT mail, or is there some permanent setting?

NJBlackBerry
04-06-2005, 06:45 PM
Unfortunately the 7100 does not implement the Alt-O of some other BBs, which should only Outgoing (sent) messages and phone calls. That's a great shortcut to delete Sent Items. But it is not on the 7100.

A Search on the phrase "7100 shortcuts" came up with this excellent thread on shortcuts:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=4823&highlight=7100+shortcuts