PDA

View Full Version : BES question

1stcare
12-28-2006, 10:16 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I have my own blackberry not issued from my company. My company does have a BES that I would like to use to access my office messages. They have offered access to me. My question is will access to the BES server screw up what I already have on my BB regarding my internet access or my personal email. Or can I just access the company's server independantly. I hope I stated my problem clearly.
Thanks
Marc

Andi
12-28-2006, 10:56 AM
That needs to be answered by your BES admin as it all depends on what the IT policy is

junior1790
12-28-2006, 10:56 AM
your BES account will be separate form your BIS account, the only way things like your web browsing will be affected will be if your company has specific IT policies that limit such access.

takeshi
12-28-2006, 10:58 AM
You might also want to consider that anything on your BB is likely available to the company once your personal BB is attached to their BES. If there's anything you don't want them to see then don't associate it with their BES.

tsac
12-28-2006, 11:49 AM
We have company owned BB's and non company units. the folks who have purchased their own BB and had it connected to the corporate BES have discovered a few things
1: The IT policy restricts the downloading of non approved software
( and IT has a big list of restrictions )
2: All information on the BB is available to the IT department

3: Those who wanted to remove the BB from the BES had a big problem getting the IT security policy removed.

4: Some sold their units and found it was still registered to the corporate BES and had issues with the sale.

Good Luck

1stcare
12-28-2006, 12:51 PM
The issue I am having is that I cannot seem to forward any messages to my bis account. I tried in outlook with a rule bit it does not seem to work. It that an company it issue or am I doing something wrong. Is there another way around it other than BES?
Thanks

junior1790
12-28-2006, 01:00 PM
The issue I am having is that I cannot seem to forward any messages to my bis account. I tried in outlook with a rule bit it does not seem to work. It that an company it issue or am I doing something wrong. Is there another way around it other than BES?
Thanks
are you forwarding from outlook or your berry, not that it matters. what are you trying to forward? random e-mail? attachments??

1stcare
12-28-2006, 01:16 PM
I tried to create a blanket rule on my outlook to forward all messages to my BIS therefore not needing BES connection. I am able to forward individual messages but cannot create a rule to forward all.

Marc

CanuckBB
12-28-2006, 02:13 PM
Most likely, your mail server is set to disallow auto-forward.