PDA

View Full Version : BES Email Synch?

TaSM1
12-28-2006, 12:30 PM
Good day all:

I have a Verizon 8703e with received work email from Exchange/BES. It is working fine as in I receive emails.

My question is this - is it possible when I delete an email (say spam) from the 'Messages' folder on my BB to reflect in my MS Outlook Inbox as well? And/or vice versa.

It is taking more time than I care to deal with to delete an email off the BB and then delete the identical email from my Inbox on my work computer/Inbox.

Thanks!

John Clark
12-28-2006, 12:39 PM
Go to Messages >Options >Email Reconciliation. Set the "delete on" to "prompt" or "mailbox and handheld." If everything else is set up properly on the BES that should do it.

TaSM1
12-28-2006, 12:54 PM
Thank you.

That is what I have configured now on the BB device. With that in mind, there maybe something that needs to be changed on the BES then.

Any thoughts on where to look on the BES because it is definitely not reconciling on 'Mailbox & Handheld'?

Thanks again.

John Clark
12-28-2006, 01:03 PM
Keep in mind that reconcile is not immediate. It reconciles when it's good and ready. Can you do a "reconcile now?"

The other thing it could be is a personal folders issue. Do you use personal folders with Outlook? If you use personal folders then when you open Outlook it will pull all the messages into the personal folders and out of reach of the BB--you are not actually looking at your online "inbox."

TaSM1
12-28-2006, 01:54 PM
I do use personal folders, but new email is delivered to the Inbox which does reside on the Exchange server.

I di notice one thing which confuses me - in the 'Messages' folder, if I go to the menu and select 'View Folder', 'Inbox' - a very small number of emails are displayed and the word 'Inbox' is listed at the top.

How is this different than the emails that are listed in the general 'Messages' display? Perhaps emails are not getting delivered to the correct location on my BB?

Thanks so much!

John Clark
12-28-2006, 02:07 PM
When emails go to personal folders they are out of reach of the BB. So if Outlook is open somewhere the emails will go to the BB and then drop into personal folders. Then the email resides on the BB and the personal folder but not the inbox anymore. When you delete from your BB it probably tries to delete from the inbox but it's not there anyway. The BB can't delete it from your personal folder so it stays there. That's why I don't like personal folders. IT likes them because your emails drop off their server, freeing up space.

Another problem you may experience is if the BES slows down for whatever reason it's possible for emails to drop to your personal folders before getting forwarded to the BB. This can only happen if Outlook is running and dumping emails to personal folders. It's always a good idea to close Outlook when you're not using it if on a BES with Personal Folders set up.

Hope this helps. Your IT/BES Admin folks should be able to help you with this issue