View Full Version : Internet Browser not working, Cingular's does

Kawinma
12-31-2006, 12:11 AM
Odd problem.

My Internet Browser doesn't work. At all. It spits out:

"Unable to connect to the internet, please try again later
If the problem persists please contact your service provider."

And I can't. It's after 6 PM. :/

But Cingular Browser works without a hitch.

I did just update my plan to one that has BES support, I'm planning on getting hosted BES in a week or two, dunno if that'd have any effect.

Thanks in advance!

John Clark
12-31-2006, 12:19 AM
"Blackberry Browser" is for use with BES/MDS. Cingular Browser/Internet Browser is carrier provided internet access.

Jack T. Chance
12-31-2006, 12:30 AM
I think the BES change is the cause of your problem. If Cingular sent the BES service books to your BB already, that's most likely the problem. Your BB has most likely reconfigured itself to give you the BES version of the Internet Browser, which runs off of the BES, and thus requires the BES connection to work.

If you can't get by with only the Cingular browser for a week or 2 (I know I wouldn't be able to… My browsing habits frequently require having 2 web pages open at once, making 2 browsers a necessity on my BB), try downloading and installing Opera Mini. If you go to mini.opera.com from your BlackBerry, you'll be able to download it Over The Air (note: the link is to a WAP site, so your browser must be able to display WAP sites for it to work.) It's a decent 3rd party browser that comes in handy when you find a site that doesn't want to load correctly on the BB Browser. :-)

But getting it to work correctly will take a moment of your time to set-up your TCP settings. Follow these instructions, which were posted in another thread:…enter the APN settings under Options > Advanced Options > TCP

Should be set to:

APN: wap.cingular
Username for APN: wap@<hidden>
Password for APN: cingular1There ya go. Hope that helps. :-)