PDA

View Full Version : Help-Waterlogged 8700

GEVideo
01-01-2007, 01:48 PM
Hello
I dropped my 8700 into a puddle on Friday. It went dead with only the LED indicator stuck on red. I pulled the battery out and dried it as much as possible. I plugged it into the charger and left it on. The keypad light kept going on and off and there was crackling from the speaker. By Saturday afternoon, it was working ok except that my keypad no longer lights up. Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
G

John Clark
01-01-2007, 02:11 PM
It needed more time to dry. Pull the battery and leave it for a couple days. If you are good at disassembling things you can take it apart and dry it out throughly. There are some good disassembly threads on the forums. With only one day to dry without taking it apart it probably still has water in it and you still risk losing it. Get it dried out.

tsac
01-01-2007, 09:52 PM
The Covers will come apart easy. Without going beyond that, use a hair dryer on low and be careful not to over heat the unit.
As John Clark said, it needs more time to dry and not doing so will cause problems.

JSanders
01-02-2007, 09:54 AM
And put it some warm well sunlit room, near a window, or a car dashboard, etc., with the battery out, and placed open-side up, for several hours. that worked for me once after my 7100t being totally immersed in water.