PDA

View Full Version : e-mail and outlook question

berrydueck
01-02-2007, 03:46 PM
Hello, I am a new blackberry user with a Pearl.

How do I synchronize my e-mail on my pearl with my e-mail in my outlook? I.e. if I delete something on my blackberry, I would like it to be deleted on the outlook program. It seems the blackberry is just pulling e-mails off the server and not communicating with outlook at all except to synchronize addresses and tasks and calander info. It is nice to be able to receive and send e-mails independant of a desktop but how do I get the inboxes of the desktop and the pearl to sync up??

Thanks very much.

brucejr
01-02-2007, 04:02 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Hello, I am a new blackberry user with a Pearl.

How do I synchronize my e-mail on my pearl with my e-mail in my outlook? I.e. if I delete something on my blackberry, I would like it to be deleted on the outlook program. It seems the blackberry is just pulling e-mails off the server and not communicating with outlook at all except to synchronize addresses and tasks and calander info. It is nice to be able to receive and send e-mails independant of a desktop but how do I get the inboxes of the desktop and the pearl to sync up??

Thanks very much.

Go to the BB mail server website (will be dependent upon your provider). You can set up, edit, and delete your email addresses. In their you can send a service book for your accounts. When you delete your emails it should offer you the option of delete on the handheld only or both the server and handheld. Stinsonddog has a real good tips website with good info on email configuration.

berrydueck
01-02-2007, 04:14 PM
Thanks but that doesn't exactly answer my question. I know I can delete it from the server and the handheld, but that does not delete the message from my Outlook inbox on my computer. Do I need to set up the 'desktop redirector' for this? If so, I can't find it. What about the enterprise server? I need to synchronize my inboxes between my computer and the handheld.

John Clark
01-02-2007, 04:14 PM
However, if an email is already pulled into Outlook then I don't think deleting it off the BB will delete it out of Outlook.

berrydueck
01-02-2007, 04:23 PM
So then every message must be deleted from both the blackberry and outlook??

southwestcomm
01-02-2007, 04:54 PM
Depends. Are you on a BES or using BIS? Email deleting occurs at the server level.

berrydueck
01-02-2007, 05:01 PM
I'm pretty sure it's a BIS (Blackberry Internet Service). I'm wondering if there is a way to make deleting happen at the server level as well as at a level synchronized with the Outlook program

blazehashmi
01-02-2007, 05:04 PM
As long as the email is on the server, you should be able to delete it from your BB when its prompts your for the option. However if you have rules setup on your outlook to pull your messages on arrivial to a personal folder, I dont think once that is executed there is much your BB can do.

takeshi
01-03-2007, 01:09 AM
Nope.

First, Blackberries don't sync email.

Second, reconciliation requires BES.

brucejr
01-03-2007, 08:54 AM
However, if an email is already pulled into Outlook then I don't think deleting it off the BB will delete it out of Outlook.

Thats true. For my home or work email I turn off my outlook program to make sure I get them to my phone. If my phone gets them first and I delete them from both, it does not get delivered to my outlook when I turn it back on.