PDA

View Full Version : 8707v manual

m_tiao
01-03-2007, 06:50 PM
Hi,

After using pocket pc / windows mobile for over 2 years...I finally decided to make the transfer to blackberry. I purchased the 8707v.

I still have some pratical problems....maybe a die-hard blackberry-user can help me.

1) can't transfer images/mp3 on the device and blackberry desktop 4.2 says that 8707 doesn't allow to send files
2) how to add a member in a group (sms messages) or just send once a sms to more than 1 receptiens
3) how to edit in a text (sms/e-mail) without deleting the whole text
4) after resetting my mobile phone looses connection with vodafone mobile email server
5) how to add number in the phone screen (at start screen, press green call button once) -> it says "My Number: Unknown"
6) How to configure top 2 buttons Mute/Power. With a other theme both don't work...is it possible to adjust the function (just like to conveniant side keys)

That was all.....I hope you guys can help me.

Greetings,
Melvin

John Clark
01-03-2007, 07:14 PM
Welcome to the forums...

1. 8707 doesn't support transfer of media via usb. You have to email it to yourself or download from web page.

2. Address Book >New Group >Name your group >click wheel and select add member >Select the member >click wheel and click continue; Repeat as desired.

2a. Messages >Compose SMS >choose recipient >click wheel and select Add Recipient

3. Use the alt key and roll the trackwheel to move horizontally in text.

4. need more info on that one....

5. Either give it some time and the number will show up or go to Options >Advanced Options >Sim Card >Click the wheel and select Edit sim phone number.

6. Not possible to assign those keys to anything.

Hope this helps...

m_tiao
01-03-2007, 07:48 PM
thanks thanks i'm glad to be here...

all your remarks are very good....and very useful!

1)I didn't take the web server so e-mailing is the best option.
2) Select the member >click wheel and click continue; still have problems with that function. i can select certain contacts (but not all the contacts) and sometimes i can select continue and someimes not
2a) works fine
3) wow!!!! i love the alt key
4) i will ask vodafone customer service
5) addes phone number @<hidden> advanced options
6) too bad...and are these keys compatible with all the themes?

how can i easily add members, because sometimes i see continue and sometimes not....and are all the themes compatible with the power/mute
thanks in advance...

John Clark
01-03-2007, 08:09 PM
Wirelessly posted (8100 Pearl: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

For creating groups you need the numbers for your contacts in your address book. Then go to Address Book >click wheel and select New Group >name the group >click wheel and select Add Member >choose the contact to add and which address (or phone number for sms) >click continue and repeat. That's all there is to it.

On the button question, those keys are not useable as convenience keys in any theme. Just the left side and center key.

m_tiao
01-04-2007, 05:35 PM
Wirelessly posted (8100 Pearl: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

For creating groups you need the numbers for your contacts in your address book. Then go to Address Book >click wheel and select New Group >name the group >click wheel and select Add Member >choose the contact to add and which address (or phone number for sms) >click continue and repeat. That's all there is to it.

I still find it hard to believe. You're really wonderfull in teaching me how to use my blackberry and I enjoy my improvements (because of you) every day. I still get problems adding members in a group. The select option doesn't show for all my contact (only a few).

If i flash my blackberry...will this problem be solved.

John Clark
01-04-2007, 05:42 PM
You are still working on SMS groups right? You can do email groups too. Do all your contacts in your address book have numbers in them? My guess is that it's an issue with your address book. Check to make sure that your contacts in your address book are entered correctly.

m_tiao
01-14-2007, 05:48 PM
You are still working on SMS groups right? You can do email groups too. Do all your contacts in your address book have numbers in them? My guess is that it's an issue with your address book. Check to make sure that your contacts in your address book are entered correctly.

we're still talking about sms groups. does it has something to do with work/mobile numbers in addresbook?