PDA

View Full Version : 8700c housing.. did I just get scammed?

brill
01-03-2007, 10:31 PM
Hi all,

I recently ordered a replacement front housing for my 8700c from an online vendor. The picture shown is clearly the Blackberry housing with the Cingular logo. What I received after a nightmare sorting out a bungled delivery was a cheap Chinese aftermarket part that is clearly inferior when placed against my original housing.

I paid $40 for just the front housing + $23.85 for shipping which was handled very poorly. I gave my PO Box which is my normal shipping address. Instead of contacting me and telling me she was going to ship it UPS, she went ahead and sent it to my PO Box via UPS. Merchants know that UPS will not deliver to a PO Box. I emailed them and she advised me that she sorted it out and had it redirected to my physical address. When the delivery date came and went, I called UPS and had to track down the package and finally got it a week late.

So now I appear to be out $63.85. Just venting here. I didn't name the vendor yet, but depending on what I hear back from them, I may do that.

tsac
01-03-2007, 10:38 PM
I would and it does looks like you were

brill
01-03-2007, 10:44 PM
One of the perplexing things is that they are a forum sponsor and also frequently recommended for parts. I am still waiting to hear from them.

I just sat down and looked at the replacement housing and the quality is several levels below the original housing which will make my Blackberry look pretty ghetto. I'd rather have the original chewed up housing on there than this cheap piece of aftermarket crud.

secrecyguy
01-04-2007, 02:24 AM
If you got it from Ebay than you have to read the description carefully. Somtimes they just use stock photos or they use the same picture over and over again.

But it appears you did not use Ebay so I recommend looking at the online website again to see if you may have miss something when you order it. Maybe there's a fine print someplace there.

brill
01-04-2007, 10:52 AM
No, it was not on ebay and no, there is no fine print. I am still waiting to hear back from them. If I don't get an answer back from them, I will do a chargeback on my credit card.

thatboiwes
01-04-2007, 10:57 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 8700c: HTC-8500/1.2 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

I'm sorry to say it, but you got hosed. I paid less than $30 for my Vodafone 8707v housing, that included shipping from Hong Kong. the same seller had the 8700c housing for sell for almost half of what I paid. and mine included the front, back and middle parts of the housing.

brill
01-04-2007, 01:18 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 8700c: HTC-8500/1.2 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

I'm sorry to say it, but you got hosed. I paid less than $30 for my Vodafone 8707v housing, that included shipping from Hong Kong. the same seller had the 8700c housing for sell for almost half of what I paid. and mine included the front, back and middle parts of the housing.

Was yours aftermarket or was it OEM?

I'm more pissed that I got a cheap aftermarket piece when I expected an OEM part than the money I am out. I would have paid $40 for the actual OEM part.

thatboiwes
01-05-2007, 12:35 AM

It was an OEM housing. Just by looking at it, you would have thought it was an actual Vodafone 8707v.

PM me if you would like the seller that I got it from.