PDA

View Full Version : goes into voicemail when using data

gingersnap42
01-04-2007, 06:35 PM
hello everyone im new here so this is my first post. i have the 7100i with the newest upgrade whenever im using the browser or im apps. my incoming calls goes in voicemail is this normal or is there a fix for this. thanks so much for any replys i appreciate it kindly

JSanders
01-05-2007, 08:48 AM
Ginger, that should not happen. Do you have your call notification set to mute or no vibrate? Or Do not Disturb set on your active profile?

kelvin
01-05-2007, 10:04 AM
You cannot do data and voice at the same time on Nextel - or any other current network. So, while your on the phone, you do not get emails and cannot browse the internet.

markhutchison
01-05-2007, 10:19 AM
...whenever im using the browser or im apps. my incoming calls goes in voicemail is this normal or is there a fix for this.
It is normal, expected, and, unavoidable.

stonent
01-05-2007, 01:27 PM
On my bosses 7250 he was dialed in via VZaccess and I called his phone and it rang, after he hung up he was seamlessly reconnected to his internet connection with no visible interruption.

JSanders
01-05-2007, 03:42 PM
It is normal, expected, and, unavoidable.

Not true, I often browse the net on my BB 8700 and get a phone call in, interrupts my browsing and the phone app appears to answer or ignore the call. I can take the call, and then the BB takes me back automatically to the browser. Likewise, when my IM app, like YakOn is being used, same deal. It works.

[QUOTE=You cannot do data and voice at the same time on Nextel - or any other current network. So, while your on the phone, you do not get emails and cannot browse the internet.[/QUOTE]

This is correct, which is the reverse of what the OP had stated was the problem.

gingersnap42
01-05-2007, 03:55 PM
ty js yes when im in a im application like the blackberry messenger or surfing on the net i dont receive any incoming calls they go into voicemail i dont get the option to answer or ignore. my do not disturb says no all my notifications are on so i here from other people that this is normal. then again ive heard from a few others that say that it isnt suppose to be like that lol but wither way i guess i cant have my cake and eat it lol

digitmasher
01-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Wirelessly posted (8703e on Sprint: BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

If you are *actively* transfering data at the time an in bound call is made to your BB, or any other device, then it will be routed to voicemail. "Actively" is the operative term in that statement, if the arrows in the upper right corner appear then you are in an active data session and this disables a voice session. If you are simply reading through a page that has loaded in your broswer and the arrows do not appear you will be able to receive a phone call. Currently iDen and CDMA networks do not have the capability of simultaneous voice and data transmissons.

gingersnap42
01-05-2007, 09:10 PM
ok thankyou very much digitmasher for the response i appreciate it very much

JSanders
01-06-2007, 11:39 AM
Wirelessly posted (7100t: Opera/8.01 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/2.0.4719/1558; en; U; ssr))

Wirelessly posted (8703e on Sprint: BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

If you are *actively* transfering data at the time an in bound call is made to your BB, or any other device, then it will be routed to voicemail. "Actively" is the operative term in that statement, if the arrows in the upper right corner appear then you are in an active data session and this disables a voice session. If you are simply reading through a page that has loaded in your broswer and the arrows do not appear you will be able to receive a phone call. Currently iDen and CDMA networks do not have the capability of simultaneous voice and data transmissons.

Well, that makes sense, thanks.