PDA

View Full Version : newbie needs help!

ftroop
01-05-2007, 11:25 AM
I must have asked the wrong question. 34 views and no help yet.
I am using outlook 2007
I am using the intellisync version that came with the BB.

I have an 8703e. I primarily got it for the phone, contacts and datebook. The first time I tried to sync it, it worked perfectly. Now the computer shows connected, it goes through some screens where it looks like it's working and then the message (unable to complete request) appears. It's really important that my BB and my computer agree on where I am to be and what I am to be doing. Can someone help me get these two machines talking again? Thanks Dave

JayKaps
01-05-2007, 05:28 PM
I'd try completely wiping out the install, and re-installing the latest version of BB Desktop (BlackBerry (http://www.blackberry.com/products/software/desktop/))

tsac
01-05-2007, 07:28 PM
you did not mention if you are connected via a BIS or BES. Options can be set to allow over the air or via desktop sync. I would look to see if the correct options are set in Desktop manager. You can download the version you need for your BB.
Dont reload the BB until you are absolutely sure you have checked options

NJBlackBerry
01-05-2007, 07:43 PM
I would remove Desktop Manager and make sure you have the latest version (4.2) from the RIM BlackBerry web site. You want to make sure you have the latest drivers (for Outlook 2007).

Alxcab
01-05-2007, 11:45 PM
I've had trouble with synching my computer to my Razr and found that reinstalling drivers helps. If after upgrading to the 4.2 desktop manager doesn't do it then try to re-install the USB drivers.

ftroop
01-06-2007, 10:01 AM
Thanks for all you ideas. I'm leaving for a couple of days, I'll try them when I get back.
Thanks for responding.