PDA

View Full Version : Problem with BlackBerry Messenger....

two-gun kid
01-05-2007, 09:12 PM
me and my friend are trying to add each other to the contact list, but when i sent a request to him, he doesnt receive anything and same when he sends me a request, i wont receive anything.only thing that happens, is that im in his pending list and he is in mine.

akosnitzky
01-05-2007, 10:13 PM
Are your PIN numbers in each other's contact list.

Do you have that person's PIN and does he or she have yours?

Wont work without the PINs

two-gun kid
01-05-2007, 10:31 PM
Are your PIN numbers in each other's contact list.

Do you have that person's PIN and does he or she have yours?

Wont work without the PINs
yes

yes

i have 3 requests in my pending section.

John Clark
01-06-2007, 12:18 AM
Open the request and accept each other..or are you saying you did that already?

jbairdjr
01-06-2007, 01:17 PM
My boss had this problem. I had him reset the device (take the battery out and put it back in) and he got the next request I sent.

tsac
01-06-2007, 03:17 PM
Most common problem is missing the acceptance message. If you dont accept the request you will never link up

two-gun kid
01-06-2007, 06:53 PM
were are sending the request but not receieving them.

John Clark
01-06-2007, 07:09 PM
Ok...so you send your buddy the request...Does anything show up? You should get a message in your BB Messenger contact list that says "1 Request." Underneath that should be the pin or name of the person sending the request. If you don't see the name then click on "1 Request" and select "Expand." Then you'll also have a Message at the bottom of the list that says "Pending" with the name/pin of your buddy underneath it. That's info only. Go back up to the "1 Request" and the name. You should see the name in there. click on the name and select "accept." Your buddy needs to do the same in his BB Messenger.

tsac
01-07-2007, 12:00 PM
I wonder if Nextel is blocking the IM

two-gun kid
01-08-2007, 12:20 AM
Ok...so you send your buddy the request...Does anything show up? You should get a message in your BB Messenger contact list that says "1 Request." Underneath that should be the pin or name of the person sending the request. If you don't see the name then click on "1 Request" and select "Expand." Then you'll also have a Message at the bottom of the list that says "Pending" with the name/pin of your buddy underneath it. That's info only. Go back up to the "1 Request" and the name. You should see the name in there. click on the name and select "accept." Your buddy needs to do the same in his BB Messenger.
i have been sending the request but he recieves nothing and visa versa.

dkf747
01-08-2007, 08:37 AM
I'm starting to wonder if the messenger app has a bug in it. It seems that even when you're doing everything right, it still doesn't work right.