PDA

View Full Version : Can there be PRIVATE messages using a Blackberry?

cchester
01-08-2007, 10:56 AM
I am trying to find a secure means of communication using my Blackberry.
It must meet the following criteria:
1. Cannot be tracked by my company. PIN is tracked. POP3?
2. Must be simple for all to use. 5 year olds must be able to do it, like operating a childproof object. :smile:
3. Must be free of charge or fall under the free-ware GPL.

I travel internationally and I want to communicate with my family and friends using the bberry but do not want to have it logged by my company. If there is a family emergency or my kids are acting up, the company does not need to know about it. I am not going to carry multiple devices and look like a fool wearing a Batman utility belt.

careyana
01-08-2007, 11:07 AM
My suggestion? Get your own Blackberry.

If you don't want to break company rules or upset company managers, your best bet is to not cross the lines.

John Clark
01-08-2007, 11:14 AM
Everything is logged by the BES....No way around that. Some use the GMail app for viewing GMail. That might make your personal mail a little more secure from BES. That's about it, though. It has been posted that it is difficult to track much of the internet data, though. However, it'd be my luck they would find me anyway! I just stick to the rules and I give my company no reason to look at me.

Liv
01-08-2007, 11:46 AM
I agree...definitely look into getting your own personal blackberry, or whatever other pda.

A lot of people on the forums carry more than one blackberry for that very reason.