PDA

View Full Version : Can't "reply" to email on 7520

jheinrich@mittlerbros.com
01-08-2007, 11:39 AM
We have several BB's here at work. We are running on a BES. I just replaced 2 of our 7520's for individual problems unrelated to this problem. I backed up the old units before sending them out. We received brand new units and I restored from the old backup. One of the new units works just fine. The second unit can receive email, can compose a new email, but we cannot reply to an email that has been received. When I select reply, I can type a message and add people (if desired) to the TO and CC list. When I click the wheel to send, that selection is not on the menu. It should be directly above "save draft", but it is not there. Send is available and works fine when composing a new message. I can compose a message, and send, to an address that I cannot reply to, I'm not sure if that info helps but it could eliminate a question.

Has anyone seen this problem and figured out how to solve this? I don't have a whole lot of time available to put into this right now with a major project in our shop I can't put the Network Administrator/IT hat back on for several days.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Jim Heinrich
Mittler Bros. Machine & Tool

careyana
01-08-2007, 01:49 PM
Try removing the Desktop [CMIME] service book and then undeleting. Usually resets the mail service...or refresh the service books via the BES.

jheinrich@mittlerbros.com
01-08-2007, 02:32 PM
Thanks careyana. I did the Enterprise Activation again and that fixed it. Thanks for the input though, that may have been a quicker way to solve the issue.

Jim

mswiech
01-10-2007, 12:42 AM
We have several BB's here at work. We are running on a BES. I just replaced 2 of our 7520's for individual problems unrelated to this problem. I backed up the old units before sending them out. We received brand new units and I restored from the old backup. One of the new units works just fine. The second unit can receive email, can compose a new email, but we cannot reply to an email that has been received. When I select reply, I can type a message and add people (if desired) to the TO and CC list. When I click the wheel to send, that selection is not on the menu. It should be directly above "save draft", but it is not there. Send is available and works fine when composing a new message. I can compose a message, and send, to an address that I cannot reply to, I'm not sure if that info helps but it could eliminate a question.

Has anyone seen this problem and figured out how to solve this? I don't have a whole lot of time available to put into this right now with a major project in our shop I can't put the Network Administrator/IT hat back on for several days.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Jim Heinrich
Mittler Bros. Machine & Tool

The issue with "no message service configured only save draft" is to do with corrupt service books on the BlackBerry you can try the delete and undelete of the Desktop CMIME service book (wait at least 1 min before the undelete) you might have to try doing a clearing of the service book database through DTM>backup/restore>advanced>select service book database and clear. IF that still doesn't work then you would need to remove the user from the BES>security wipe BB>re-add and perform a new EA.

A side note, I don't like to restore from a Backup as you don't know if the databases are corrupt. If you need to perform a restore, only perform a selective restore of the messages, calendar, address book, memo, tasks, and phone call logs.