PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry without BES server connection

astronominus2
01-10-2007, 04:30 PM
My question is probably stupid but I got a blackberry pearl as it is very beautiful and I like very much blackberry softs.
I don't have BES connection available with my phone contract and can't change it.
Do we have a possibility to use GRPS connection without going through a server?
I'd like to get RSS channels.

mswiech
01-10-2007, 04:50 PM
You do not need to be on a BES to use the Internet. As long has you have it setup with your wireless provider you should have no problems using RSS and to get GPRS.

Make sure that you have GPRS in the top right hand corner and if you don't then you will need to speak with your wireless provider.

Dubdub
01-10-2007, 05:51 PM
My question is probably stupid but I got a blackberry pearl as it is very beautiful and I like very much blackberry softs.
I don't have BES connection available with my phone contract and can't change it.
Do we have a possibility to use GRPS connection without going through a server?
I'd like to get RSS channels.

All you need is a Blackberry Dataplan. For email, you can use BIS.

LunkHead
01-10-2007, 06:33 PM
You need BB data plan to get GPRS ability...

T-Mo has BB Data Plan (BIS) Blackberry Internet Service available for 19.95 a month. With this you get UNLIMITED data and email use....

Hope this helps :)

takeshi
01-11-2007, 09:49 AM
As others have said, you don't need a BES data plan. Which carrier are you with? I can't think of one that won't allow you to add or remove data plans as needed.

astronominus2
01-11-2007, 10:41 AM
In fact I am using my professional SIM card and my employer did not contract a dataplan yet... I need to wait until he decides to do so :cry:

Thank you all for your quick replies.