PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry won't Sync with Mac Book Pro

TexasDudeUSA
01-11-2007, 11:00 AM
I have the Mac software for my Blackberry 8700 and I am trying to sync it via blutetooth and/or USB and neither way works. What am I doing wrong? (The devices ARE paired by the way).

cmpugh
01-11-2007, 11:05 AM
you have to use the cord. did you download pocketmac from the blackberry website?

TexasDudeUSA
01-11-2007, 11:08 AM
Yes I used the cord and I have downloaded pocketmac which takes a year to load on my computer.

cmpugh
01-11-2007, 11:22 AM
Is it giving you some sort of error message? Or just not recognizing your device?

The more details the better...

finch
01-11-2007, 12:33 PM
PocketMac is still a work in progress and beta at best. FWIW it took 2-3min to install on my MacBook and works just fine.
Yes I used the cord and I have downloaded pocketmac which takes a year to load on my computer.

TexasDudeUSA
01-11-2007, 12:52 PM
I press sync and for a few minutes the status sits at "BlackBerry - Sychronizing Data" The progress bar sits about a half inch past the BlackBerry icon (which is the second icon and last icon on my screen). Then it just sits there and does nothing. It can be left there for 10 years and nothing will happen. I have to unplug my blackberry and of course nothing was exchanged.

Update* I waited long enough (about 10 minutes) and I got this error:

PockerMac SyncManager Warning(s)

[00:00:00.000] Unable to connect to BlackBerry
(error 1); skipping.

(By the way, the 00's are acually real numbers. I didn't post them b/c they may be private).

cmpugh
01-11-2007, 02:26 PM
If it were me... (I am not the most technical savvy person) I would uninstall the program completely, and reinstall it...

Mine works flawlessly on my MacBook, although it does take quite a bit of time... 3-4 minutes to completely sync.

RobVegas
01-11-2007, 04:35 PM
I have a Macbook pro core 2 duo and I just got my 8700c to sync via bluetooth without any problems or the need to download any additional software.

Are you running OSX or Windows? If you are running windows xp, I may be able to help you get it going.

Rob

McBerry
01-15-2007, 06:14 PM
I am from Australia and have an 8707g on Optus.

Has anyone had any success in synchronising the Blackberry 8707g to a MAC (in my case a MacBook Pro - Intel) using PocketMac? I use the cable.

Mine connects but then just hangs (I left it overnight to prove my hypothesis). If I deselect calendar it goes through the sync process but nothing actually synchronises at all.

In all cases I get a message "An unexpected error has occurred: Bad default category length."

I have re-installed PocketMac and done a SyncClean. Both to no avail.

I have read on the PocketMac website that the 8707 is not supported and that a fix has not been made. This isn't dated, so I don't know how old that information may be.

Any help is appreciated.

tfaz1
01-22-2007, 01:54 PM
Thanks, RIM, for passing the Mac support buck to these clowns. The iPhone can't come soon enough...

jonocs
01-24-2007, 06:36 PM
Hi ----- I'm having the same problem with my Pearl. It was working fine until now, no changes made to anything but can't sync any longer. (Sync to Palm works fine). MacBook OSX10.4.8 Thanks for any help! JC

Wanchaiman
01-28-2007, 04:16 AM
Does anyone use PocketMac 4.0 running on either OSX 10.3.9 or 10.4.8 to sync successfully their 8700?

I use this configuration to sync to my aged 5210 (gee... I know what you are thinking but it does work very well still.) and now want to upgrade to either an 8700 or an 8100.

Any help gratefully received!

John

aslondon
01-30-2007, 10:32 AM
Yes, I have an 8703e and pocketmac and osx (i think 10.4.8) on a macbook pro core 2 duo 2.16 and all is perfect. It takes a few minutes but I use it daily and no problem. It really does work with very few hitches. It seems to like ical and addressbook better than entourage because entourage has no mapping for the PIN but addressbook does. Easily solved but just an issue.

Al

jeavus
03-08-2007, 11:28 AM
I have a Macbook pro core 2 duo and I just got my 8700c to sync via bluetooth without any problems or the need to download any additional software.

Are you running OSX or Windows? If you are running windows xp, I may be able to help you get it going.

Rob

Hi Rob,

Are you using OSX to do the sync or windows on your macbook pro? If you're using OSX, how did you get bluetooth to sync?

Jeavus

Perennial Tears
03-08-2007, 01:23 PM
Mine just started doing the same thing with the same error message. Any fixes?
I press sync and for a few minutes the status sits at "BlackBerry - Sychronizing Data" The progress bar sits about a half inch past the BlackBerry icon (which is the second icon and last icon on my screen). Then it just sits there and does nothing. It can be left there for 10 years and nothing will happen. I have to unplug my blackberry and of course nothing was exchanged.

Update* I waited long enough (about 10 minutes) and I got this error:

PockerMac SyncManager Warning(s)

[00:00:00.000] Unable to connect to BlackBerry
(error 1); skipping.

(By the way, the 00's are acually real numbers. I didn't post them b/c they may be private).